Forums are back in action! ×

Couchsurfing is Hiring (Not a spambot, I really think this is an awesome opportunity)

Crowbeak

I was looking around the Couchsurfing web site, since I joined the site recently but haven't had a chance to do much with it because I was organizing a summer camp. I discovered that Couch Surfing is hiring more programmers, and it looks like their benefits are pretty frikkin' sweet. They offer a month of internet telecommuting and travel expenses to go couchsurfing yourself. This looks like a great company to work for. They're looking for an iPhone/Android programmer and an "Operations Engineer", whatever that means. Another programming position, but I'm not sure what exactly it entails. Like to their hiring page is here: http://www.couchsurfing.org/jobs

Edit: Trying to think of a way to prove I'm not a spammer who hacked my account (though really, couchsurfing is too awesome to spam like that, I think). Maybe I can mention that I met some of the most amazing kids these past few days at camp? One of them is a 17 year old Japanese young man whose goal is to be a CEO, and to achieve that end he plans to go to college in California. His English is already so good that he can have conversations about literacy and false information distributed through the media entirely in English. Complicated conversations. He was asking us for advice about writing a 5-paragraph essay (which he did not learn in his Japanese classes) on the topic.

Also, the game I've played most often recently is League of Legends.

Archived