Forums are back in action! ×

First body weight lift!

Eurydice

I weigh 135 pounds. So today when I deadlifted 135 for my work set, it was:

- My first-ever body weight lift;

- A huge PR (my previous PR was 100); and

- My first time using the 45 plates in any lift, ever.

Next goal: to get strong enough to get the plates back off the bar afterward without having to have a very nice guy twice my size come to my rescue. I swear the deadlift is like two exercises in one, and I'm not sure if it's the lifting or the plate-changing that builds more muscle.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 3 Elf Warrior

STR 9.5|DEX 6|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 8.5|CHA 2

Challenge thread

Twitter

"There is never an absolute answer to everything, except of course that you have to do your squats." - Mark Rippetoe

[/table]

I weigh 135 pounds. So today when I deadlifted 135 for my work set, it was:

- My first-ever body weight lift;

- A huge PR (my previous PR was 100); and

- My first time using the 45 plates in any lift, ever.

Next goal: to get strong enough to get the plates back off the bar afterward without having to have a very nice guy twice my size come to my rescue. I swear the deadlift is like two exercises in one, and I'm not sure if it's the lifting or the plate-changing that builds more muscle.

haha congratulations. Thats a double bonus there, bodyweight DL and a helping hand from a friendly bloke. Onwards and upwards, 2 friendly blokes and 2x bodyweight here we come :D

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Congratulations. I swear when I finally get into lifting I'm going to destroy myself because of the skewed perception of what I have to lift to be considered "normal" :).

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Congratulations. I swear when I finally get into lifting I'm going to destroy myself because of the skewed perception of what I have to lift to be considered "normal" :).

LOL, I know the feeling. Sometimes I think I'm the only person in the world who's too weak to squat triple digits, and I have to remind myself that I'm a lot smaller and older than most of the people on here and it's okay to take time to get there.

Thanks, everyone! Today's OHP/power cleans day again, we'll see if I can move up a little there too.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 3 Elf Warrior

STR 9.5|DEX 6|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 8.5|CHA 2

Challenge thread

Twitter

"There is never an absolute answer to everything, except of course that you have to do your squats." - Mark Rippetoe

[/table]

Archived