Forums are back in action! ×

Pulled Strange Leg Bit.

Stephen N

Hi all.

For the last 3 weeks I've had a little bit of pain in a small area of my upper thigh, almost hip, right where my front jean pocket opens.

I think it started from strain from squats or dead lifts, or maybe not. I started weight training 3 months ago. I squat 65KG, not enough.

Anyway thinking this pain was a pulled muscle I've taken a week off squats and dead lifts. But I still have this pain some times. I feel it more when i lean back with my hips forward.

Has anyone else had this?

Is there some crazy stretch I should be doing?

Anyone got any advice on this?

Thanks.

That muscle grouping there is more closely related to your core and abdominals. You use a lot of them during leg lifts or most core exercises.

Which includes squats. Lay on the floor and try lifting your legs. If there's pain, then that's what you've hurt. Do some regular quad stretches, but pull your knee back farther. That or lunge forward, raising the same arm as the hind leg towards the ceiling, and lean back a bit. These should target the area, but as far as exercise is concerned, just don't do anything that it doesn't feel comfortable to do.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

That sounds like tight hip flexors.

Ease back the volume of leg lifting exercises and stretch, stretch, strech. Stretch them real good at least once every day. It also helps to lightly stretch a few times here and there throughout the day.

Some variant of this stretch is the best for it:

hip-flexor-stretch-stiff-leg-muscles.gif

Variants include hands on ground/knee/in air and back knee down/up. Crescent pose in Yoga is a particularly effective variant of this stretch. Intensify the stretch by rolling the bottom of your hips forward (hip thrust motion).

Edit - the position in that picture does kinda suck, you either want your knee on the ground or your back leg perfectly straight, you don't want your leg bent if the knee is off the ground.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Archived