Forums are back in action! ×

Weight and deadlift woots!

Exceliber

Firstly, I finally committed myself to eating about a year ago. I've had my ups and downs, slowly packing on muscle while trying to avoid fat gain. Having been a chubby teenager at 185lbs and 5'08", I dropped roughly 50lbs the year after I moved out of my parents house, then wavered between 125lbs and 150lbs and 11-17% body fat. I started out last year at 137lbs and 12% body fat. I weighed in last night at 152lbs and 9.7% BF!

Secondly, after weighing in, I decided it was time to hit the weights. I started deadlifting last year, with my max somewhere in the 125lb range. In the year since I started lifting, I finally broke 200lbs last night on deadlift! Not only that, but I was able to do one set of three reps! All I'll say is that I'm super excited, and re-invigorated for lifting weights. Now I just want to get my squats to 200, and my BP to 150lbs.

The only answer to "You can't do that" is "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED."

Fitocracy|Twitter|Food Blog

Hey, that's awesome! Congrats on the weight increase (in every sense of the phrase)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LVL 1 Human Ranger

STR 7|DEX 1|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 6|CHA 3

"Principle untrained may sometimes give way to a temptation which habit would withstand." ~ Charles Carroll Everett

Archived