Forums are back in action! ×

Im new and need advice!

Hi! Im new to this website though Im not new to fitness! I found the site through MyFitnessPal, a calorie counting website that I have been using since February. The link was to Spezzys transformation which inspired me to start lifting and switch to Paleo. I have been trying to lose weight most of my life. As a little kid I was very thin but then I discovered books and the internet. I put on 50lbs in one year. The rest of my life has been spent trying to get rid of those. Low carb worked while I stuck to it and also counting calories has worked, which Im still doing at the moment even though I now eat paleo. I still find myself not being able to let go of the calorie counting. Should I quit counting? Will I really be ok?

Also, I dont know which class to choose! I dont feel like a beginner since I'm almost down to the body fat% I want (after nearly a year yay!) I want to build muscle so Warrior appeals to me, but I also train in Kenpo so Monk could be a choice. Also I like to snowboard in the winter and at the moment I dont have access to a gym so Im doing insanity(but will go back to lifting in less than a month yay again!) so maybe Assassin? Race I know though- I think Im a Dwarf because I'm just under 5ft tall but I am going to be strong! Rawr!! Ohh wait...what sounds do dwarves make? I'll figure it out :eagerness:

Dwarf Warrior"You sort of start thinking anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve." -Ginny Weasley

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now-feel-like-a-21-year-old-should-feel/#axzz2N7I38Vrh

My first challenge we didn't have guilds, but I feel like I probably would have jumped into warrior and been ok. So if you can decide what you want to do, you will do great in a specific guild. However, if you can't decide, the adventurers guild is a great place to get a feel for your real passion.

Also, you can be a warrior and train in kenpo or do insanity. We have several warriors who run or add in yoga. Warriors need endurance and flexibility, too. :) So whatever you choose, you can still have variety in your workouts. Choosing a guild is mostly nice because you end up with like-minded goals. It's easier for someone who lifts to appreciate adding five pounds to a stubborn bench. Just like runners know the pain of shin splints. Everyone is supportive no matter your goals, though, so don't feel like you can't mention lifting in the assassins guild.

I'm rambling. My point is, choose something, anything, and if it's not where you feel like is a perfect fit, next challnpenge guild-hop! :)

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

Archived