Forums are back in action! ×

Building a set of parallettes at Home Depot, or renting the tools from them?

alan713ch

Hello everyone!

I am not sure this goes here, but here it goes: I want to build a set of parallettes. I have found several tutorials in the interwebz so I am not worry about the how, but about the implementation: I don't have any tools! Living in an apartment kinda leads to that. So I wanted to ask, has anybody used the tool rental service from The Home Depot to try and do something similar? How was your experience? I not only want to build them but also fill them with cement, since I also want to be able to use them to practice balance. Has anybody done something similar?*

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is insanity. Or practice.

Infinity Knight Assassin

Because not only the World but the Entire Universe is my playground

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

I Cook! Kinda...

I bet you can get Home Depot to cut them for you. Then all you need to do is put it together.

This, just take your measurements in and they can help you cut it properly. Or buy a cheap hacksaw for extra workout goodiness.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

A 10 dollar Home Depot hacksaw isn't really worth renting and returning, I don't think, but they would probably cut it for you. A 10 foot stick of pipe, a few elbows and tees, a hacksaw, and PVC compound shouldn't take up much space after the fact if they don't.

So I went and yes, they cut it for me. Not the best cutting though, but a beggar cannot be a chooser. I'll upload the pics of the parallettes when I finish them, right now I'm waiting for them to dry.

Ans Sloth, I know i need to start building my own set of tools. It's just that living in tiny apartments with no place to store them and/or to make projects makes me leery at the time...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is insanity. Or practice.

Infinity Knight Assassin

Because not only the World but the Entire Universe is my playground

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

I Cook! Kinda...

So I went and yes, they cut it for me. Not the best cutting though, but a beggar cannot be a chooser. I'll upload the pics of the parallettes when I finish them, right now I'm waiting for them to dry.

Ans Sloth, I know i need to start building my own set of tools. It's just that living in tiny apartments with no place to store them and/or to make projects makes me leery at the time...

Buy a small toolbox. At the same time buy a medium flat head screw driver, three sizes of phillips head, a tape measure, a small level, and a claw hammer.

Those are the absolutely basic tools anyone should have. You can keep the tool box under a couch or your bed.

Buy a small toolbox. At the same time buy a medium flat head screw driver, three sizes of phillips head, a tape measure, a small level, and a claw hammer.

Those are the absolutely basic tools anyone should have. You can keep the tool box under a couch or your bed.

I'd add a 9" crescent wrench to the list and some kind of pliers, I'd go with a vice grips if you were only going to get just one because it can clamp on to stuff.

Art of Manliness's Toolbox

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Rather than get 3 different screwdrivers I'd suggest an 11-in-1, Klein makes them and you can find them at Home Depot. One of the best investments I've made on a single tool.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Archived