Forums are back in action! ×

Exercises while off my feet?

Maledictus

I managed to pick up a suspected stress fracture at the start of a spartan race last week (so I now don't feel so bad about the lousy time I got). Leaves me in a bit of a fix regarding exercise for the next couple of weeks. Pushups seem ok, pullups and chinups ditto so long as I let myself down slowly (which probably means they're better exercise than normal at present). I don't have any lifting gear or a bench so I can't think of anything else and anything cardio based seems right out for a couple of weeks at least.

Any suggestions?

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Blade of the foot. Did it coming to an abrupt stop at the end of a run down a muddy hill at the start of a spartan 5k.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

When I had a broken ankle last summer I coped by doing pushups (tried the thousand pushup challenge or whatever it's called? That could be fun), planks (one legged obviously!) and seated dumbbell stuff. That plus physio and the constant need for one legged squats to do almost everything kept me occupied.

But as I was advised on here back then - don't push it. Your body needs to recover and not only can doing stuff with your foot before it is ready re-injure you, your recovery will be slowed if you're doing too much of anything.

http://jackblog.org

Jack Blog | The Blog of Jack

Oh geez I had two stress fractures back in march. I feel for you! How are you feeling?

Shrugs, presses, etc whilst seated (to avoid putting weight in legs), bike riding (avoid high resistance and hills), swimming. Actually, if you can get a bench up on some boxes, you can lay on it and do rows (again remember you don't want weight on the leg). Oh yeah and sometimes I'd hold kettle bells in the rack position while I biked (that's tough!). If you have access to TRX! Mountain climbers, etc w TRX. I'll keep thinking.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Archived