Forums are back in action! ×

Deadlift woot!

zendup

I started CrossFit 3 weeks ago and before that, I had never lifted any barbell weights. This week, we finally did the deadlift, which I had been looking forward to since before starting CrossFit. We had 3 tries to try and lift the heaviest we could. The trainer started me off at 85 because she knew I was kinda strong but didn't want to overload me on the first one, but I lifted that with ease. Then she added weight to make it 145 and I lifted that pretty easily too. She added more, to a total of 175 and I lifted that, but she said I still looked like it was too easy. That was my three tries... but since she and her husband own the place, she asked him if she could secretly let me try one more time with a little extra added weight and he said yes! Yay!

So she added weight... and I lifted 205! I was so excited! I knew I could have added more weight but I didn't want to keep asking for tries since I had already done 4 and was supposed to do only 3. I only wish I could have recorded it!

Next time I definitely will record it and I'm excited to find out how much I can really lift. :eagerness:

Work it HARDER, Make it BETTER

Do it FASTER, Makes us STRONGER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow nice job. Those are some awesome numbers for just starting deadlifts

Crossfit is what steered me towards lifting weights. I had so much fun on the days we lifted big that i stopped going to crossfit to focus on lifting.

Keep up the good work and you will be setting new PR's all over the place

Archived