Forums are back in action! ×

Reporting for duty

Hey, I'm Melissa and am jumping into the rebellion! Like most folks, I was active and in great shape in high school but marriage, two boys, and 8 years of college took their toll as stress and lack of sleep were compensated with junk food. I now have a great job and access to healthier food so I am taking the first baby steps to a new me! I joined a CrossFit gym two weeks ago and have been working out 3x/week. I hate burpees. I just started eating Paleo a week ago and am feeling really great. I have been lurking on the boards but decided I better jump in as per the rebellion orders.

I am not a gamer in any sense, so a lot of the references go over my head. I am a public health veterinarian for the USDA and I work in slaughter facilities. Essentially, I am the last voice of the cows we eat, it's my job to make sure they are treated humanely and fit for human consumption. It's a great job and allows me a lot more time than when I was an actual practicing veterinarian.

Looking forward to meeting all of you and reading your inspirational stories. I hope that mine can be added to the list soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Amazon Adventurer

My Intro |Current Challenge|Battle Log

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

Hi ponita.... welcome :)

No crossfit gyn here but i love burpees (remember the times in the army, I think). The site as many game references but also many nice blog post.

A new chellenge just begin...look at the goals from challenger members. maybe you can set new goals for your live also.

Good luck..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LVL 1 RANGER

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 3

CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 2

Fitocracy :: Current Challenge

Archived