Forums are back in action! ×

Sore leg from deadlift!!!

Richo

On my last rep of my third set of deadlifts I felt a sharp pain from just under my butt, right down to my ankle when I was at the top of my lift. Now it feels like ( 2 hours later) my ankle and knee are twisted and my hamstring is a bit tight. I'm not having trouble walking but it all feels a bit tender. I was halfway through my workout and I did 15 -20 mins of warm up and stretching, and I'm 95% sure my form was right , but obviously something went wrong.

It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.~ Muhammad Ali

Is it possible that you used too much weight? If it's not interfering with everyday activities I wouldn't stress about it, just take it easy and keep stretching :)

Level 3 Timelord Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 10 | DEX: 7 | STA: 11.5 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 5.75 | CHA: 2.25

Challenge

1 2 3

"The thing is, Adam, time travel is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guide book. You've got to throw yourself in, eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers - or is that just me? Stop asking questions. Go and do it!"

"Don't ever judge me by your standards."

I don't think the weight was the issue here, it was approx 70% of my one rep max. It's not feeling to bad this morning after a good rest. Now I have an excuse to sit back and watch the Olympics!!! :D

It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.~ Muhammad Ali

Haha, exactly! Glad you're feeling a bit better!

Level 3 Timelord Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 10 | DEX: 7 | STA: 11.5 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 5.75 | CHA: 2.25

Challenge

1 2 3

"The thing is, Adam, time travel is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guide book. You've got to throw yourself in, eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers - or is that just me? Stop asking questions. Go and do it!"

"Don't ever judge me by your standards."

Archived