Forums are back in action! ×

New here

Hello,

I'm 43, mom of 2 kids, never lost the 'baby weight' and have gained alot since my divorce, I'm currently 225 and not happy. Looking to drop 60 pounds ......

Every time I try I seem to get discouraged very quickly. I have adhd and that makes things a little difficult because I get bored with things easily. I am hoping this will be the lifestyle change I need!

Welcome! You're gonna be < 200 lbs before you know it, so take your time and enjoy losing the weight. If you need help with not getting discouraged, let us know! Remember that all the "I'm stupid and I can't do this" thoughts are natural, and they come and go for all of us. Let the thoughts come and let them go, and soon you'll learn not to believe all the junk that pops into your head. Regardless of what the scale says, and regardless of what your stopwatch says, if you're eating healthy and staying active every day, then you are on the path and deserve to be proud of yourself. I salute you.

For my confession they burned me with fire and found I was for endurance made.

-My favorite card from Magic: The Gathering, and apparently from Arabian Nights too.

Thank you so much for the support!

I seem to have an issue with when people start to notice I am losing weight and feel like they have to shout it to everyone in the room - I want to shrink and run away. Shortly after that I gain everything back. I honestly don't know what I am afraid of...is this common?

Archived