Forums are back in action! ×

Novice rolling new character (Character sheet included).

Greetings to all. I've been reading Nerd fitness and lurked on the forums/IRC for a while. Now that there is a new challenge starting, I thought it was high time to sign up.

Here goes the breakdown of myself into a character:

Character sheet

Class: Monk/Warrior (Temple Guardian?)

Race: Human (Norwegian;)) - Although i am rather senile (at the ripe age of 28), I have trouble thinking up a race for that trait. I have no particular strengths and weaknesses as far as bodytype go, fairly average "scores" all over, so human seems the obvious choice.

Height: 180 cm

Weight: 75 kg

Stats:

STR: 3 (Deadlift was at 2x bodyweight, but an injury and a rather too long vacation in Greece has set me back a bit)

DEX: 3 (Used to be able to do a full front split, until i pulled both my Gracilis something nasty. Can do handstands, cartwheels and all sorts of regular ukemi, barring backflips and sommersaults)

STA: 3 (Fairly decent runner, and my cardio can usually stand 1.5 h of BJJ sparring or boxing. Again though, set back after vacation and injury.).

CON: 3 (a bit shoddy digestion, which I've mostly redeemed through a new diet. A few minor injuries. Otherwise rarely get colds and cuts and bruises heal swiftly.)

WIS: 2 (I'm such a complete scatterbrain that loose my stuff all the time. Putting two points here since there is no INT stat. I do 3D design and artwork for a living, and i deem this do enter into WIS/INT in some fashion. Also been doing sporadic meditation.)

CHA: 1 (More of the introvert type, and i sometimes have an ever so slight stutter, so this gets the low score)

Background:

2 years of training in Judo at a young age. Dabbled in some other martial arts after this, but settled on Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu at 16, thus running off from my sleepy home-town as quickly as i could (around 17) to go learn how to be a "bad ass ninja". How's that for nerdiness? :biggrin-new:

Having stayed in the Bujinkan for 10 years to get the 5 dan, I find upon going to spar with som MMA guys that i can't fight for shit (This is not a rant against the Bujinkan, the techniques work just as well as any). I drop out for a while and start training MMA, mostly BJJ, and Muay Thai. I've lately switched Muay Thai for western boxing to work on my hands as i can barely throw a punch to save my life:beaten:. Grappling goes better thanks to old Judo matches still in muscle memory (thank you Harai Goshi). Focusing on getting enough sparring in to improve steadily, but not so much the injuries start cropping up (Well, that's the aim anyway).

I've done some form of (rather faulty) strength training since a young age, and only recently started making proper gains under the guidance of an excellent strength/nutrition coach.

I have also re-initiated a no-gluten, minimal dairy diet, where i also eliminate heavily processed food, PUFA's and soy, and for the first time my digestion and energy levels work as "advertised".

That should about cover it, though i could probably refine this a bit for record keeping and fun.

Excited about joining the community, and doing my first challenge. My goals will go into the monk forum.

[table=width: 400]

[/table]

[table=width: 500]

Raiken - Human Monk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/td]

[table=width: 200]

STR: 3

DEX: 3

STA: 3

CON: 3

WIS: 2

CHA: 1

[/table]

[/table]

Current challenge

That's hardcore! I'm looking forward to following your challenge. Welcome to the boards!

Thanks man, this is gonna be great:emmersed:

[/table]

Raiken - Human Monk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/td]

CHA: 1

[/table]

[/table]

Current challenge

5th dan? Then I should bow to you and call you sensei! Another Ninja!

Oh hey. Forgot to enable emails for this tread, so I didn't see this until now.

It wouldn't do to have the guild leader bowing to the new guy, so never mind that ;) Besides, I've gone rogue and started MMA instead:tongue:

(And i can't even figure out how to get an image into my signature x))

[/table]

Raiken - Human Monk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/td]