Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone. So, I'm new to this whole "working out at home/of your own volition" thing, but I'm liking it so far. No worries about what other people are thinking, right?

Anyway, I used to do ballet, tap and modern for years and years, with a year of crew (rowing) and a summer of bellydance thrown in. I then got to college and pretty much stopped working out until my last semester senior year (this past January through May), in which I took Yoga and Zumba as classes. I tried to continue working out over the summer, but with daily summer school classes (which allowed me to graduate in July!), I kind of became a lazy oaf.

I love playing video games and reading and watching horror movies, and so I've always wanted to be in shape just so I could cosplay as those hot chicks who tend to show up in the best versions of those genres. ^.^; But, I was always lazy or would just quit because I hated feeling stared at in the gym. I don't think I'm just paranoid, either; I distinctly remember hearing a bunch of dudes who were on the treadmills behind my elliptical once discussing my ass and how it bounced while I worked out. Ew. I've also had trainers come up to me, appropro of nothing, and start trying to tell me how I was doing everything wrong and trying to reposition me to make it "right," which also seems pretty creepy. So. No more gyms.

I just started yesterday (!) with the Beginner's Body Weight workout and woke up SO. SORE. But, as my crew coach used to say, "If you're not sore, you're not working hard enough. And, if you are sore, you need to work harder to get in shape." If it sounds like a dichotomy, well, it is. ^.^ But, it's one that I've always liked.

Wow, this is getting really long. Okay! So, I'm trying to eat healthier, but it's hard because I bounced between severe anorexia and binging for so many years that I have no idea how to eat like a normal person. Hopefully, I'm doing it right. I'm a bit worried about going back into that bad headspace if I "diet," so I'm not calling it a diet, just saying I'm going to eat healthy but eat what I want, basically.

Um, let's see. I think that's all! I'm super excited to get back to my fighting weight, as the saying goes.

Oh! And, when I move to NYC in September, I plan to take pole classes, belly dance and aerial silks to up my assassin potential before I start training in parkour. ^.^

Also, my stats are:

Strength - 1

Dexterity - 3

Stamina - 2

Constitution (CON) - 2

Wisdom - 4

Charisma (CHA) - 3

level 1 nymph assassin.

strength 2

dexterity 2

stamina 1

constitution 2

wisdom 4

charisma 4

Welcome :)

"Pain is weakness leaving the body" i listen this many times..workout at home is great, i really enjoy, i dont like gym because some "curls bro" tell me not to make 5x5 workouts. Or give some strange advices.

Aerial silks, parkour... a deadly assasin is born :)

Good luck...hope you join in challenge

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LVL 1 RANGER

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 3

CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 2

Fitocracy :: Current Challenge

Archived