Forums are back in action! ×

Reporting for Active Duty, Round 2

The Story of JeffyB (aka DrachenRogue)...

I grew up in Minnesota, and decided that I wanted to travel, so I joined the Air Force. And travel I did - Okinawa, Greenland, Germany, Afghanistan... "JeffyB" was born in a DJ booth at the club at Thule, Greenland; "DrachenRogue" was born years earlier though on the grounds of MN Renaissance Festival. And while the years went by, the AF mission "changed" to marathon running; something this 43 year old body (probably) wasn't built to do.

Toward the end of (and after) my AF career, I gained a wife and two children. And with the changes of military retirement, career and life, I decided another change was needed, and here I am... an Adventurer on the road to a Ranger. I don't recall how or when I actually found the site, but in reading the stories of others, I decided to share mine, and join them in the quest of leveling up.

Active Duty, Round 1 was service to my country; Round 2 is service to the Rebellion...

So, here's me, currently: Height: 73"

8/5/2012: Weight: 90.2 kg / BF: 27.5% (per Tanita scale) // 199# / 26.36% (per WiiFit)

9/16/2012: Weight: 88.2 kg / BF: 26.6% // 195# / 25.86

10/14/2012: Weight: 87.5 kg / BF: 25.2% // 193# / 25.54

Current Fitness program: walking the occasional 10k volksmarch and jog/walk the occasional 5k fun run/walks

My Level-Up Quests (more to be added):

"Dragons" to Slay:

- "Closet Dragon" - get rid of/donate old clothes and organize the ones I want to keep

- "Garage Dragon" - get rid of/donate/clear out garage; still have items in boxes from over 6 years ago

Minor-Short Term:

- Reach the 175 and 200 Event and 2000km Volkssport levels by the end of 2014 (currently at 150 events/1500km)

- Acquire the Texas Volkssport Association "10 in 10" Program Patch for 2013 (10 walks each year for 10 years; currently in year 7)

Minor-Long Term

- Purchase new laptop (currently have a 4yr old MacBook)

- Purchase mid-tier DSLR body/lenses/kit (to upgrade from the point & shoot that I currently have)

- Purchase new vehicle (currently have a 1996 Chevy Cavalier, nicknamed "Cadavalier" by the mechanic...)

- Save up and purchase/build a new gazebo/pergola (along with redoing the deck)

Major:

- Alaska Cruise

- Pacific Coast Highway road trip

- Attend a major sports event championship game/series (attended NFL-Europe World Bowl game in 2000, but would like to attend one here in the states)

- Move to Minnesota (or closer to; still can't get used to the heat here in south Texas, and miss real winters)

- Learn fluent German

- Learn "Alliance" Chinese (and aimin' to misbehave, "Browncoat"-style)

Epic:

- Return to Europe, following my Grandfather's "European Vacation" (route taken during WWII with the 3rd Armored "Spearhead" Division)

Race: Human / Level: 1 / Current Class: Adventurer / Goal Class: Ranger

STR: 2.5 / DEX: 2 / STA: 3.5 / CON: 3.5 / WIS: 4 / CHA: 4.5

My Background / Facebook / GoodReads / Flickr / Fitbit

~ Take Care, Live Life, and Pray Hard ~

"Our lives are different to anybody else's. That's the exciting thing, that nobody in the universe can do what we're doing."

- Patrick Troughton (Doctor #2)

Archived