Forums are back in action! ×

It's a-me...

^

Yeah, I'm a Mario fan. :)

Well, here's my introduction:

Hello, my name is Nikki. *I'm waving at you right now*

After 10 years of battling with high blood pressure and being overweight (and I'm in my early 20's. This was all happening before and during my teen years. In short, I was always a size 9,10, or 11. My prom dress was an 11 and the pants I wore in my senior pictures was also an 11.) in March 2011, I decided to begin my journey to a better and more improved me. I battled depression from not enjoying the new college I transferred to (where I gained quite a few pounds) and I took up walking, Pilates, Yoga, and all sorts of videos on Youtube to get into shape. However, In October 2011, I decided I wanted more than that. So, now 30 pounds lighter I started my 90 day journey of P90X, and I graduated the program in January 2012. While I did not get the washboard abs or Tony Horton body, I did get something else: strength. I am now a total of 40 pounds lighter and I am the go-to person for lifting heavy boxes, tables, etc. You name it.

What I hope to accomplish is that I can maintain my weight, change my body composition, and start getting into more strength training, since that seems to be what I enjoy most. What I can bring to the table: Humor, Pep, and Mario references :)

I'm excited that I found Nerd Fitness and I cannot wait to start my next part of my journey.

I'm sorry, The Rebels you're looking for are in another castle....

Ha ha ha! Welcome to the Rebellion, Nikki! Here we can help with anything you need from advice to Motivation via having a Chain Chomp released behind you. For your goals, Diet and Exercise go hand-in-hand. Start focusing on what you're eating and then I suggest that you Check out the Warrior's Guild, that's where all of the Nerds go for their Strength training. Just be yourself, that's the greatest contribution you can ever add.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Archived