Forums are back in action! ×

New *smaller* Clothes

snowMan

For those in the U.S., you may be familiar with the "tax free" weekend we just had. Since tax-free meant slightly cheaper and considering I had lost slightly over 100lbs. since I last bought clothes, I decided it was high time to refresh my wardrobe. My w00t moment was when I was trying on clothes and went from a 3X -> Large (almost medium, but still a little snug) in shirt size and a 46 -> 34 in pant size. This is the first time in my life that I went in to a store and bought clothes smaller than what I was wearing. *w00t*

heck yes! GET SOME! *cheering*

the power of [geekhood] compels me:

"Oh, I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised!" -- Tank Girl

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later." -- Zoe Washburn

"No, people are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to anymore of them." -- Michel Gerard

"A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun!" -- Willow Rosenberg

tax free weekend in Georgia is this weekend - i have coupons if you want to celebrate again! congrats! new clothes are always fun - new clothes that are a smaller size are priceless!

Introspective Bookworm (Lvl 6)STR 8.5 | DEX 10 | STA 11 | CON 13 | WIS 15 | CHA 11Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian. (Rachel Weiss, The Mummy)Intro/Current Challenge | Fitocracy | MFP 

Being able to fit into smaller clothing has been awesome for sure. Realizing that I am going to have to pretty much throw away everything I had is kind of a bummer, but good job! Too bad we can't earn money for completing goals like in games. That'd take care of our clothing problem hahaha.

Lv. 1 Canine Warrior

STR: 3 - DEX:2 - STA: 2 - CON: 2 - WIS: 3 - CHA: 3

"Every dog has his day. Guess I better make every day that day!"

Being able to fit into smaller clothing has been awesome for sure. Realizing that I am going to have to pretty much throw away everything I had is kind of a bummer, but good job! Too bad we can't earn money for completing goals like in games. That'd take care of our clothing problem hahaha.

I know exactly what you mean. I actually "refreshed" my wardrobe around mid-summer of last year so most of my big clothes are still in excellent condition. Having to get rid of clothes that still looked new was saddening, but I donated them to a good cause so at least they went to good use.

Before I donated them, though, I did get a picture of how both me and my girlfriend were able to fit, together, in an old pair of dress pants and button them. Should make for a pretty awesome "after" picture.

That's incredible, congratulations! The closet purge was one of my favorite parts of successful fitness mission (including the "I will never be that big again!").

Half-Elf, Half-Dwarf Ranger

Level: 4 STR: 10.5 DEX: 6 STA: 11 CON: 5 WIS: 2 CHA: 1

Height: 5'9" Weight: 175lbs Age: 25

"Under Promise, Over Deliver"

Archived