Forums are back in action! ×

Signing up

Hey all. I've been reading the NF site for a few months now and have been inspired to finally stick my toe into the community waters here. I'm 40 years old and looking to loose 20 years of build up/crud that comes from overeating, sitting at a desk and drinking way too much beer. I've been pushing myself slowly forward since March, but I started off very simply with just push-up/sit-up sets the first several months, just trying to rebuild some strength/stamina. I've since moved into more vigorous routines, almost all strictly body weight exercises and am managing to do 45 minutes/day (including 10 minutes warmup/cooldown). I think I'm varying my exercises enough to get good recovery and I've started doing the Couch 2 5K program as well, to try and get my cardio up.

On the 80% side of things, I've altered what I eat and how I eat and it's made some decent improvements. When I started I was at 244lbs and now I'm down to 218lbs. I'm 5'10" and my overall goal will be to reach 185lbs and then evaluate what I want to do from there.

So that's me in a nutshell, I will take some time to browse over the forums and then hopefully I'll settle right in and become an active member of this great looking community.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived