Forums are back in action! ×

Soreness in Elbow

So I was at the gym last Friday and i was finishing with my benches. On my last set i felt a slight (very minor) pain in my right elbow. As I continued on to other exercises my elbow did not hurt at all and I assumed that i had perhaps rotated a little bit of a bad way or something. Anywho the next day no pain at all. Then I played golf Sunday same elbow pain same spot...Woke up today and it hurts pretty bad. Has anyone else experienced this at all?? I am trying to get ideas of what I might have done or what it could be.

Little more info: on Friday I actually did a little less than my normal bench weight as I was kinda exhausted. If anyone has an idea let me know. I am trying to avoid a doctors visit for the time being will be applying plenty of ice and heat tonight.

Reach your limits and then surpass them.

Blindasutsutsu
My Current Challenge:
Class: Ranger
Race: Human
STR:13.5 DEX:8.5 STA: 10.5 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:6.5

I'm not sure what it is that you could have done, but general remedy for ache/pain that doesn't require doctor's attention (i.e. you can still use your arm, etc): ice and/or heat and don't use it (don't bench, don't play golf, etc) until it stops aching. Work back into using it gradually. (e.g. start with a much lower weight than what you usually do when benching for the first time after your rest; if it still hurts, stop and give it a little more time).

Sorry I can't be more helpful :tongue: Feel better!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

I'm not sure what it is that you could have done, but general remedy for ache/pain that doesn't require doctor's attention (i.e. you can still use your arm, etc): ice and/or heat and don't use it (don't bench, don't play golf, etc) until it stops aching. Work back into using it gradually. (e.g. start with a much lower weight than what you usually do when benching for the first time after your rest; if it still hurts, stop and give it a little more time).

Sorry I can't be more helpful :tongue: Feel better!!

This is prolly more what i needed to hear anyway. I always find myself going yeah it hurts a little but a little exercise on it wont be too bad and then it will just linger longer. I rested it yesterday rather than lifting like I had originally planned. I am going to see how it feels for my Wednesday workout if its still sore will avoid any strain on it again.

Reach your limits and then surpass them.

Blindasutsutsu
My Current Challenge:
Class: Ranger
Race: Human
STR:13.5 DEX:8.5 STA: 10.5 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:6.5

Yeha, I definitely understand the impatience - but remember you could always end up hurting yourself much worse by trying to push through it.

case in point: my boyfriend tried to push himself too hard when starting out with Vibrams; he started out doing 1+ mile runs right off the bat - which really isn't THAT far a distance for someone who's been on a football team since the age of 13. About a week in, he felt a pain in his left foot - ran through it, because, well, that's what he's used to from practice :tongue: he could've stopped and walked home, then given himself a few days off... instead he ended up with a stress fracture in his left foot and on crutches for the better part of three months.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

Archived