Forums are back in action! ×

Hey yall. Im a 24 year old geek who has never been one for being fit. Growing up as a skinny gaming geek thats never been really active. Also suffering from a deviated septum has kept me pretty inactive. Which works against me since im working on being a police officer. You see my problem. Im 6ft something and 220 pounds and been trying to get into a workout schedule and stick to it. If any one can point me out in the right direction with diet and work outs i would be grateful. Not enough to pay you, but give ya a thank you.

Here are the requirements for the police thing.

26 push ups in a minute. I can do bout 16 before my arms give out, i have trouble with upper body.

36 Sit up in a minute. I can do that at about 41 in a minute.

And a mile and a half in 13 minutes. I cant do that...at all....makes me cry....i need a hug.

My goals are different i hope to do 50 push ups with out rest same with sit up. As for the running I would love to do it in 10 minutes. So mighty nerds please advise me with your great fitness wisdom. Two words i though would never be in the same sentence.

Welcome to the NF boards! How long do you have before your fitness test?

I'm seeing a lot of people here who are starting off their running with a Couch to 5K program that's free on the interwebs. Even though your goal is shorter than 5K, it's a good start for building up your distance stamina.

Wood Elf Ranger

LEVEL 1, It don't mean a thing if I don't hear that ding: My Epic Quest

Archived