Forums are back in action! ×

Accountability is my best friend! Be my best friend! (new guy here)

Hi all,

My name's David, I'm 22, and in decent shape. I started actively lifting weights last year around this time, and have made considerable progress. A little about myself to give you an idea of where I am now:

I joined the Air Force in July of 2009, currently stationed in Colorado Springs, CO, and went in weighing 126lbs, height 5'9. I was always active in high school, with cardio. I did track, soccer, cross country, and baseball. After boot camp, I came out 8 weeks later weighing 135. I went to spec ops school and came out 140. I stopped working out after I got hurt and became a medic instead, and was in decent shape, weighing about 142 in July 2011. I met a cop that I became good friends with, and he really got me into working out. He kept me accountable, kept me fit and we pushed each other to our limits. By December 2011 I weighed 155lbs, lean and toned. Then he deployed, and I lost my accountability buddy, and got lazy.

I ate crappy, worked out less, and played more video games lol. It was last month when I broke up with my girlfriend of a year (distance sucks lol) that I noticed that I wasn't in the best shape of my life anymore. I got depressed between the breakup and my body and crappy eating and the stress at work. The military can do that to you hahaha. So when I looked at myself in the mirror one morning, I decided it was time for a change...

As of last Friday, I've gone strictly Paleo with my eating. My buddy is back from deployment, he and I have been killing the gym, and I FINALLY start Crossfit next week (I've been wanting to join for the past year but was lazy). It all seems to be fate! Last week when I started Paleo, I found this website (I really appreciate accountability and documentation. I'm in the military after all haha), my deployment buddy got back, AND I found this special deal for my local Crossfit gym (Half price for an entire year!!).

So I come to my fellow nerds (I love Halo, COD, BF3, Diablo3, Fallout New Vegas :redface: ) to help keep me accountable and hold me to my cause!!

Current stats: Height- 5'9, Weight- 148lbs, BF%- About 18%, Max Bench- 285, 1.5 mile run time- 12:45

Goals: Height- 6'0 (if only haha), Weight- 160, BF%- About 10%, Max Bench- 315, 1.5 mile run time- sub 10:00

Thanks for all the future help guys! I look forward to getting to know everyone here.

Permeusvita

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Ranger

STR:: 2 DEX:: 4 STA:: 2 CON:: 3 WIS:: 2 CHA:: 2

"It's never too late to become what you might have been" - George Elliot

Archived