I wanna go to Philadelphia...

HansBraggart

...for a few odd reasons:

1. I have never been there before
  2. I have been elsewhere in Pennsylvania and find the state to be beautiful
  3. It has a unique accent
  4. It is responsible for much US history
  5. It seems to have character, which my hometown lacks

When should I go? What do you recommend I do/see while there? Where should I stay?

Hans BraggartSideshow Freak AssassinSTR 8 | DEX 3 | STA 8 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 3You should check out my press kit here - http://goo.gl/1PA5W

OMG DUDE I used to live there and I LOVED IT.

If you are a bar person, check out Bob and Barbara's, Tattooed Mom's for sure, and Dirty Franks. Dirty Franks got a mention on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

South Street from 12th (?) down to the waterfront is pretty awesome. It's kinda a touristy place, but it's also actually really, really cool. Lots of cool shops. If you want a cheesesteak you have to go to either Geno's or Pats, or you could do both, since they're right next to each other. My dad swore that Pat's used horse meat, but I'm fairly sure that's just stupid.

For good italian food you have to go to South Philly.

I highly recommend going to the Philadelphia Veteran's Memorial. It's neat to honor vets, but also it's just a really cool place to hang out and try out the acoustics with a buddy. And it's near Penn's Landing which is pretty neat.

There's all kinds of cool bridges near the Schuylkill river. Fairmount Park is really, really neat and there's usually awesome things to do there.

God, I forget what else. But Philly's awesome, and you should totally go.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

Been there loooooong time ago, but of course there is the touristy historic places from the founding of the US. If you're into history, ya gotta check it out.

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

Archived