Forums are back in action! ×

Things to do near MAssachusetts

Elastigirl

We are traveling to Boston next month. We are going to do the Freedom trail and maybe the Aquarium in Boston. Then we are driving to Copperstown to see the National Baseball Halll of Fame. Then we will have 1-2 days to see some other sights. We would like to keep it in the genreal area. Any suggestions? Some areas that I saw that might be interesting were Plimouth Plantation and somewhere along the coast.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Lexington/Concord is rather cutesy if you are any sort of a history buff. There's a ton of easily hike-able trails in the area. There's Walden Pond, which itself has a fun nature walk. Not too sure about things to do by the water... though if you're doing the freedom trail, you could easily walk down to the waterfront and take a ferry over to George's Island.

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

Salem, MA (of the Witch Trials fame) is a nice seaside town. If history is your thing, Sturbridge Village can be good. Then there's also tons of stuff in the Berkshires. Do you have kids? The Science Museum in Boston is awesome (and not just for kids). Without kids, there's the MFA (Museum of Fine Arts).

Walden, Lexington & Concord as Seth mentioned. Canoeing on the Charles River. http://www.paddleboston.com/rentals/rentals.php

Just a few thoughts.

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Who is "we"? Are there kids involved? In either case Seth and LRB covered a lot of good ones. I enthusiastically second the Museum of Science. And I love George's Island. If kids are involved there is also the Boston Children's Museum over in the seaport area.

Ipswich, MA is also a cute town. At Russell Orchards you can pick your own berries during the summer and it sounds like you might be there for apple picking season. They have amazing apple cider doughnuts too. In the fall it gets very quintessential New England-y. The Clam Box has nationally famous clams (and the constant lines out the door to prove it). You can also take boat tours of the Ipswich River out to where it feeds out into the ocean and learn some history of the river and the area.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

Great ideas guys thanks. "We' is me, my husand and our "kid" who is 21, so not reallly kid. We love history, canoeing sounds fun too, and Ipswich sounds like a fun town, and George's Island sounds neat too.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Archived