Forums are back in action! ×

Joining the crew!

Hi all! I've started reading NF a few days ago and was quickly drawn into it. It's the kind of lifestyle that I've been trying to work on since the start of this year, but failed miserably...glad my bf introduced me to this site and showed me the success story of Staci.

I used to think that girls are beautiful when they are super skinny and fitted into size 0! In Asia, girls the average height of 155-170cm normally weigh around 46-55kg...so I was always conscious of how much I weighed cause I'm 168 cm and weigh around 60 kg. Super skinny girls always seem so weak and fragile (No muscles at all)! Guys love to help them out, whereas I am considered the same as a guy, so no benefits for me lol. I know it all sounds a bit vain, but that's what it's like in Asia.

Earlier this year I've finished reading Robb Wolf's book about Paleo diet, I realized that being healthy is what's important and started cutting out carbs and making life changes. Unfortunately, it never lasted more than a week...but I gradually cut out rice, noodles and bread from my daily diet and started eating more veggies. My bf kept telling me to do weights but I told him I didn't want to look bulky, then my bf showed me Staci's story and that really inspired me! So now I've joined my first 6 week challenge (was just in time), hoping this will give me more motivation and finally achieve my goal:)

That's my story for now, and here are my stats:

Race Blood Elf

Class Adventurer

Age 24

Height 168cm

Weight 62kg

BMI 22.73

BMR 1441.91

Waist to Hip Ratio 0.83

Body Fat Percentage 26.15%

Not sure how accurate body fat and BMR is, but I think as long as I stick to the same calculation method, I'll still be able to see the differences.

So, happy to be here, and I look forward to traveling with you all! Good luck everyone:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Blood Elf Adventurer

STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 4 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

Burning Crusade

"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal- a commitment to excellence- that will enable you to attain the success you seek."

Welcome! Isn't Spezzy's story awesome? I am currently reading The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf and it's intense. It's probably easier in America to cut out grains though...

Do you have any fitness goals yet?

I really like that book! Think I've read it a few times now, was a bit hard to get into at the start with all the medical terms, it's like reading my biochem and physio text book...but I love it! I'm currently doing the 30 day Paleo diet (only on day 2), hope to see changes soon:) Oh, and I live in New Zealand so it's actually not hard to access to all the healthy organic food and grass-fed beef, just that I'm used to eating noodles and rice all the time so it's a big change in my diet. Also I've always loved sandwiches, was a bit sad to cut that one out too...:(

My main goal right now is to build muscles and loose fat (apparently it's hard to do both at the same time but I'll give it a try) cause I think my body fat and BMI are all in the average range, but I'm really weak (can barely do 40 wall push ups) so I'm going to focus on that first.

I've been doing the angry bird's workout 3/week. I can already see some definition in my triceps and deltoid! Leveling slowly but hopefully after a few weeks I'll be able to do them without dying of pain:P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Blood Elf Adventurer

Burning Crusade

"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal- a commitment to excellence- that will enable you to attain the success you seek."

I really like that book! Think I've read it a few times now, was a bit hard to get into at the start with all the medical terms, it's like reading my biochem and physio text book...but I love it! I'm currently doing the 30 day Paleo diet (only on day 2), hope to see changes soon:) Oh, and I live in New Zealand so it's actually not hard to access to all the healthy organic food and grass-fed beef, just that I'm used to eating noodles and rice all the time so it's a big change in my diet. Also I've always loved sandwiches, was a bit sad to cut that one out too...:(

My main goal right now is to build muscles and loose fat (apparently it's hard to do both at the same time but I'll give it a try) cause I think my body fat and BMI are all in the average range, but I'm really weak (can barely do 40 wall push ups) so I'm going to focus on that first.

I've been doing the angry bird's workout 3/week. I can already see some definition in my triceps and deltoid! Leveling slowly but hopefully after a few weeks I'll be able to do them without dying of pain:P

Haha aww, I'm actually kind of jealous. Organic meat around here is just too expensive, but I do my best. I've only been paleo/primal for a little over a week, and I already have more energy!

Leveling slowly is totally the way to do it though, you don't want to get burnt out :)

Level 3 Time Lord AdventurerChallenge Thread

| | Cosplay Blog | |

Haha aww, I'm actually kind of jealous. Organic meat around here is just too expensive, but I do my best. I've only been paleo/primal for a little over a week, and I already have more energy!

Leveling slowly is totally the way to do it though, you don't want to get burnt out :)

Yeh organic meat is not cheap here either, so sometimes I go for free range instead. According to The Paleo Solution, grass-fed beef isn't easy to find in the states? What about lamb? Are they grass-fed?

Good luck on it anyway, hope we both get through these 30 days without failing too much:P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Blood Elf Adventurer

Burning Crusade

Also I've always loved sandwiches, was a bit sad to cut that one out too...

Lettuce! Lettuce makes a great substitute for bread in a sandwich, I've found, like a little lettuce wrap. Stick a toothpick in it if you need to to get it to stay.

Welcome! I'm new here as well. Good luck to you!

Also.... am I to assume you are also a female WoW player?

Dino Daisy

Adventurer

Ad infinitum et ultra!

Currently working on the 6 week challenge!

Lettuce! Lettuce makes a great substitute for bread in a sandwich, I've found, like a little lettuce wrap. Stick a toothpick in it if you need to to get it to stay.

Welcome! I'm new here as well. Good luck to you!

Also.... am I to assume you are also a female WoW player?

Ohhh thanks;) I should give it a try next time I crave for sandwiches!

Haha yes I used to play WOW a lot, and I was a blood elf mage! But haven't played it for a long time now:(

You play too?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Blood Elf Adventurer

Burning Crusade

Yeh organic meat is not cheap here either, so sometimes I go for free range instead. According to The Paleo Solution, grass-fed beef isn't easy to find in the states? What about lamb? Are they grass-fed?

Good luck on it anyway, hope we both get through these 30 days without failing too much:P

Hmmn, I'm sure I could find grass-fed lamb but I've never cooked lamb beore

Level 3 Time Lord AdventurerChallenge Thread

| | Cosplay Blog | |

Haha yes I used to play WOW a lot, and I was a blood elf mage! But haven't played it for a long time now

You play too?

Nice! I used to play an undead lock for a while, but I quit before Cata. Then I came back (but didn't play cata) for Jun-Aug of 2011. Sometimes I really miss it. Sometimes, not so much.

Dino Daisy

Adventurer

Ad infinitum et ultra!

Currently working on the 6 week challenge!

Nice! I used to play an undead lock for a while, but I quit before Cata. Then I came back (but didn't play cata) for Jun-Aug of 2011. Sometimes I really miss it. Sometimes, not so much.

Haha, now you mentioned it, I have an urge to play:P but it'll never be as fun when playing alone...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Blood Elf Adventurer

Burning Crusade

Archived