Forums are back in action! ×

Newbie Here, Nervously Stepping Into This New World...

...And it looks like I'm not Azeroth anymore. *hugs Spirit Beast close*

Now, I actually lost quite a bit of weight before stumbling across this effing amazing website. I changed my lifestyle around 6 months ago, and am much healthier now. Though, with the help of you guys, I plan on shaking off the last bit of weight (god awful love handles skhffgsgh), and toning up my body as best I can!

I mean, face it. Everyone here knows in the back of their mind that the real reason you're getting in shape it to survive the zombie apocalypse ;)

Or is it just me...? D=

But yeah, that, and actually wanting to look vaguely like the characters I play in video games (like my Night Elf in World of Warcraft, for instance), is what motivated me the most. I never really had the 'sudden-realization', I just kind of finally got into it after a few tries. Glad I did too, because it also helped with my baking and cooking. I always figured eating healthy equaled veggies here veggies there veggies everywhere. Wasn't entirely wrong, but I learned that there are quite a few veggies I'm in love with (jalapeno peppers, onion, celery, baby carrots, cucumber...). And I actually like Oatmeal mixed with bran cereal and every fruit in the house, better than 2 pieces of white toast caked with butter, 4 strips of greasy as all hell bacon, greasy hash browns, and a greasy fried egg. Though I still like fried eggs, minus the grease.

And I now eat hummus more than I used to eat chocolate! Well, I never had chocolate in sandwiches, but whatevs.

But in all seriousness, when I first came across the message boards on this website, my heart warmed when I saw all of you. How you treat each other, your encouragement, your pride for your own and others' weight accomplishments... it really is wonderful. I'm so glad I found this website, and am honored to be even considered a Rebel =]

My goal is to look like my Night Elf Hunter in World of Warcraft!!!

Except I'm short.

Perhaps my gnome, then?

Archived