Forums are back in action! ×

/rising-heroes/

Phoenix

What is the project abt.? I just read the artcle and followed some of the links..but didnt really catch it.

Is it on the floors now?

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/30/rising-heroes/

It hasn't moved into the Open Beta yet. So there's not a lot of information being released.

Primarily though, it's a browser based fitness based game. So, you're going to be using your workouts to help you complete certain story line based quests.

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

I truly hope it's more than just workouts. I was playing some Runescape last night and, though it's not the flashiest game out there, it gives me a lot of hope for what Rising Heroes could be. There are around 30 skills to train. From cooking to ranged combat, from construction to thievery, there's just so much to train! And that's how life is, and that's what i hop RH imitates.

I want to wander up to some Sherpa and have him offer me a quest to climb Mount Everest, but of course, only after i reach level 40 in strength, 75 in climbing, 65 in wilderness survival, 60 in cardiovascular, and 45 in knots. I happen to be level 1 in knots, meaning I have a 50% chance of my shoes staying tied during the next hour. If I start on this sailing quest line, that'll force me to gain some knot experience, but I also need get my swimming skill up. I want RH to push me to do things I wouldn't have thought of on my own. I want it to get me to the gym, to the track, to the pool, to the trails, to the back-country, to the kitchen, to the books, to everything that there is out there. And why? To level up of course! And live an incredibly rich life along the way!

Kenneth, Dúnedain Adventurer
Level 1
STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 1
Time is gonna take so much away, but there's a way that you can offer time a trade.
Current Challenge | Fitocracy

Archived