Forums are back in action! ×

New Rock Climbing Ranger On Board

Hello Rebel World!

I've been putting off this 'making things public' thing for a few weeks now, but it's time to get real and get plugged in to the awesome community that is Nerd Fitness.

I'm Ben, and I want to become a world class Ranger. I like a wide variety of hardcore activities including kayaking/canoeing, work league softball, hiking, the occasional 5k (ridiculously themed 5k's welcomed and encouraged), mountain biking, and, most recently, rock climbing. I've really taken a strong liking towards rock climbing and even got the opportunity to climb some of the awesome rocks of the Red River Gorge not far from Lexington, Kentucky. For all you Midwestern folk out there, even if you have no interest in climbing, 'The Red', as they call it, is a beautiful place full of great people and is worth checking out. It's even worth the trip if you're from a little further out.

Anyway... I found Nerd Fitness searching Google for Paleo diet info, and I'm glad I did. I was hooked on the content and attitude of NF as soon as I started exploring it. The concept of leveling up your life, in aspects outside of fitness, too, really appeals to me and will be helpful because in the past I've tried to bite off more than I can chew, become discouraged, and end up abandoning goals. Not this time. Small steps.

I want to make Paleo eating natural for me, which I know will take time. I'm still in the 'diet' mentality at the moment, and explain my aversion of grains to friends as a diet. I need to get the point where it's just what I do.

I want to get lean, healthy, fast, and strong. I've been lifting heavy things 2-3 times a week and continue to climb. So far so good, but I'm only a few weeks in still have a while to go before it becomes a reinforced habit. I have specific goals in mind, which I'll post elsewhere later (soon!).

I want to level up my career. I've been spending time with my nose in some Chris Guillebeau musings (thanks, Steve) and they are inspiring and encouraging to say the least. I really would like to be able to serve clients from anywhere in the world to allow myself an outrageous amount of freedom. Oh yeah, I want to LOVE doing what I do, too! Now if I could only figure out what and how... more to come on that...

Also, I want to ride a narwhal. That's a big goal, but how sweet would that be, right?

I think that's enough babble for now! Looking forward to more!

- BenHo

Archived