Forums are back in action! ×

Still grinning like an idiot

Scooter McGee

So amped! I knocked out my first muscle up yesterday, in a way, by accident.

I feel like an ass completing one of my 6 week goals 2 days after the challenge started, but I honestly could not do a muscle up prior to yesterday (hell, I don't even know if I could do one again right now).

Last night at CrossFit, we had to "test in" to be able to participate in the Advanced CrossFit classes at my box. This is what we had to complete, and we had to complete 12 out of 14:

1) 10 Pull-ups

2) 10 Push-ups

3) 5 Handstand Push-ups (no kipping)

4) 5 Ring Dips

5) 1 Muscle Up

6) 3 Pistols (Each Leg)

7) 20 Double Unders Unbroken

8) Rope Climb (2 ascents)

9) Clean & Jerk (135/95)

10) Snatch (135/95)

11) 10 Overhead Squats (95/65)

12) 10 Toes to Bar

13) 20 sec L-Sit

14) 20 KB Swings (24/16)

I had already written off muscle ups as one of my two failures, so I was only concerned with the HSP and Pistols. I knocked out the pistols just fine, but only got 3 strict HSP.

However, I said "F-it", I'll try a muscle up (knowing I wouldn't get it), . . . and in front of everyone, with the pressure on, I knocked one out for the first time. . .

I was grinning like an idiot for the rest of the night. It was such a satisfying feeling. I'm still on a high from it.

Next, . . .let's shoot for two!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Look out world, I'm smokin' TNT and I'm drinkin' dynamite, so if you know what's good for ya, get out of my way. - SK

Challenge 1: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?15703-Scooter-McGee-1st-Challenge

Thats awesome! Were these to be done all in a row, or was there much rest? (just out of curiosity, not knocking it, its fantastic)

No they were not done in a row. They were broken down into stations based on the movement, and you had to move from station to station throughout the night. There was as much rest in between exercises as you wanted, but once you started an exercise it had to go unbroken to count.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Look out world, I'm smokin' TNT and I'm drinkin' dynamite, so if you know what's good for ya, get out of my way. - SK

Challenge 1: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?15703-Scooter-McGee-1st-Challenge

I was grinning like an idiot for the rest of the night.

Awesome! Involuntary grins are the best!

I can't believe that the snatch weight was the same as the clean and jerk weight...

my best snatch is waaay lighter than my clean and jerk

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

Archived