Forums are back in action! ×

Checking In from the North

Hey to all you Rebels from the girl from the Great White North!

So I have probably lurked around this site for a good year or more now and I have learned quite a few things, but as much as I continue to read this awesome site, I still can't find it in myself to stay motivated. I will do something for say a week maybe a month and fall off the wagon and procrastinate to get back on. So I am hoping that with finally making myself known, it will kick start my ass into gear.

So a bit about me right now. I am 5'4" and 125 lbs. I am not completely out of shape, I can easily do three sets of ten of proper push ups, dance all night, hike all day. But most days I am just tired and can find no energy to get up and go do something active. I feel that if my fitness level improved, I would not be so tired all the time. But that is just me being hopeful.

My goals:

1. I want to get strong - but I am not sure how to do this, should I use barbells or body weight or some hybrid? Any input is appreciated :)

2. Be less tired and lazy.

3. I would ideally like to have my body fat % to be about 18-19%. I know this will be a result from getting stronger and eating the proper foods.

4. Be able to run 5km.

SNOW! O_o

*cough*

Snow is a novelty where I come from. So y'know, where you live is sort of awesome imho.

My starting advice is probably not too different from Laney's, though I imagine there'll be people willing to advise if you look into the Rebel Army Base Camp folder?

Staying motivated is always my issue. Announcing your presence is a great step. Also, we're only a few days into the latest 6 week challenge. That might help you stay focused, if you have a set deadline and a 4 point plan. :)

Dwarf Adventurer

Level: 0 <--so sad!

STR:2 DEX:2 STA:2 CON:2 WIS:3 CHA:4

"You give into distraction as if it is a murderer. You lay there, waiting to be killed. Today: fight for your life." -Miranda July

Current Challenge:--Slaying the Beast of Maybe Tomorrow

Thank you for the warm invite!

Laney, thanks for the reply. I am slowly working towards paleo, I have done it before and really enjoyed it, but then I moved and we have bread and stuff in the house. So I would like to use it up just so it doesn't go bad and become a waste. I am hoping by the end of the week it will all be gone and I can go paleo!

The *Other* Green Fairy, snow is a novelty when it first comes and around christmas time. But where I live it is often joked we only have two seasons, 4 months of summer, 8 of winter. Which isn't to far off. We can and have had heaps of snow on the ground for 6+ months of the year. Also what/where is the rebel army base camp folder, I can at least look at it and increase my knowledge.

Thanks!

Here's a link to the folder. You can find it if you go to the Forum Home. It's under this New Recruit folder link.

Dwarf Adventurer

Level: 0 <--so sad!

STR:2 DEX:2 STA:2 CON:2 WIS:3 CHA:4

"You give into distraction as if it is a murderer. You lay there, waiting to be killed. Today: fight for your life." -Miranda July

Current Challenge:--Slaying the Beast of Maybe Tomorrow

Archived