Forums are back in action! ×

Noob Intro (nervous giggles)

Hi ^_^

I am SO happy and grateful I found the awesome Nerd Fitness site! I've been lurking for a while... but I'm now forcing myself to socialize... altho you all seem nice ;-)

I've been active my whole life, lots of camping, hiking, canoeing growing up. I studied aikido for about a year, really miss it, hopefully can start that or another marital art in a couple months... I mean, it is MY GOAL! (Haha I am really trying to improve the way I think to become more proactive!) The past few years, I haven't really done much, other than occasional Zumba on Xbox Kinect.

I did the Beginner Body Weight Circuit, felt nice and sore afterwards, will definitely continue that. One of my goals is to do 50 consecutive pushups, I'm only at 15 right now, but I am super motivated so I know I will accomplish that.

Some of my fitness goals are to lose fat (especially in my tummy so I can look good in a bikini next summer), have really nice toned arms and abs, and be more flexible. I've never been able to touch my toes in my entire life. I've been 29 for a while... I don't know how much more flexible I can get, but I gotta try, right?

I have been various shades of vegetarian for the past 15 years. Last month, I started eating a lot of fish and greek yogurt, and I felt so much more energized! I am switching over to the Paleo diet, honestly its really hard for me. Chicken still kinda grosses me out, but I love fish so I will stick with that.

I'm a very casual gamer, I played Mario Bros with my brothers a long time ago, but now I play Kinect games with my kids. I was obsessed with Lord of the Rings when the movies first came out, was a Trekkie in my teens, and am eternally a science geek.

Anyways, I am very shy but stretching myself to meet new people, I'm at a new level in my life and would love to meet other positive, motivated and health conscious people! Have a beautiful day! ^_^

"When you feel helpless, help someone." - Aung San Suu Kyi

"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead..." - Albert Einstein

Hi Turnadot500! Welcome :)

Sounds like you'll fit right in to me.

Haha, yeah that 'beginners' circuit is a butt-kicker, good on you for taking it on!

Any ideas on what you're going to do to improve your flexibility? There're so many options.

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Sambalina, thank you for the warm welcome! ^_^

That's cool you live in South Korea, I love K-Dramas!

I'm just stretching a lot for flexibility. Any other ideas?

"When you feel helpless, help someone." - Aung San Suu Kyi

"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead..." - Albert Einstein

Archived