Forums are back in action! ×

Never felt more like a man...

Dienekes

So, this post may not be what you expected from the title, but it's still an accurate one.

My daughter woke up crying a shortly after I put her to bed, so I went in and calmed her down. She's 15 months old, so this is certainly not the first time this has happened, but normally she eventually needs my wife to get her to go to sleep. Well, this time she stopped crying as soon as I picked her up, and we sat in a rocking chair until she was ready to go to sleep. I laid her down, and she looked up at me and then went right to sleep. Those of you without kids may not be able to relate, but hopefully you will one day. I'm a Soldier, I've travelled around the world, I've made it through some pretty intense military schools, and I've shot more big guns than most people have seen in their lives, but as I sat there rocking with my little girl in my arms, I couldn't help but think that I've never felt more like a man than I did at that moment. W00t for being a dad.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LVL 1 Human Ranger

STR 7|DEX 1|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 6|CHA 3

"Principle untrained may sometimes give way to a temptation which habit would withstand." ~ Charles Carroll Everett

Super awesome post.

I got a cat when I was in college, and she had a rough time getting spayed. Basically, she reacted to the anesthetic and pooped herself, and then got furious that she was dirty and turned into a hissing, poo-covered ball of rage at the vet. I picked her up, got her home, cleaned her up, fed her, calmed her down, and she went to sleep on my lap. My girlfriend at the time said, "So...when did you get to be a dad?"

I'm not saying your daughter is like my poop-covered cat, you understand. I'm just saying that I've kinda been there, and it is pretty awesome.

Damn straight! I don't want to say congratulations exactly but I DO want to say that this is legitimately pretty fantastic. /HighFive

/HighFive

Beautiful. Thank you for posting this.

Thanks, and you're welcome.

That was the most beautifully MANLY thing I've read in a long time!

It brought tears to my eyes!

I'm glad you liked it. I tend to be a bit of a softie when it comes to my girls (wife & daughter).

So sweet.Thanks for posting

Thanks! Glad you liked it.

Super awesome post.

Thanks!

That is in fact an awesome feeling, one that I wouldnt' trade for the world. Awesome Dude!

Yeah, it's pretty incredible.

That's awesome! What branch of service were you?

Thanks! I'm still Army. Stationed in Korea right now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LVL 1 Human Ranger

"Principle untrained may sometimes give way to a temptation which habit would withstand." ~ Charles Carroll Everett

There's no feeling like having your kids fall asleep in your arms! Or in my case on your back as you lie on your tummy reading!

Too true! It really is incredible

This is so nice, kinda makes you think this is why we are here in this world for, thanks for sharing :)

I thought the same thing. Thanks.

+1 to man card.

Score!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LVL 1 Human Ranger

Nicely put, sir! And that feeling never goes away. I have three nippers of my own, (9, 6 and 3) and there's nothing like watching them nod off in your lap while you're reading to them.

(Just wait until she starts copying you while you're doing PT.)

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

Archived