Forums are back in action! ×

A wild noob appears!

Holy crap, I feel like I have found the holy grail of blogs, haha. Here is my characters back story.

Chase was a 135 lb high school senior who was depressed he had to go to real university and not the Jedi Academy, not being very force attuned. He had tried to make his way in various times, getting discouraged while training and seeing others much more force attuned and stronger than he was and never stuck to his training. He worked a part time job in high school, was in the marching band, played World of Warcraft (never very well, but had fun with his buddies), and when he went to college he got into magic the gathering (has since quit) and played the occasional game of D&D or GURPS (bro bump if you know GURPS). And here is where his story begins on Nerd Fitness.

That was kind of exhausting talking about myself in the third person like that, but I think everyone will get the point. I was a scrawny, nerdy teenager who loved Star Wars (still do) and my favorite super hero has always been Spider-Man, who doesn't like seeing the little guy beat up on villains like Rhino? I graduated high school when I was 17, and like I said weighed somewhere in the ball park of 135-140 lbs, always the smallest guy around. I wore a t-shirt to the pool because I was so small you could count my ribs. It wasn't that I didnt eat or anything, i ate like a normal teenage my metabolism is just fast and I never worked out. I would try to go to the gym, mostly on my own, and get discouraged when I saw guys who could bench press almost twice what I weighed. Thus, making the first mistake of trying to get in shape by comparing myself to other people. Of course they were stronger than I was and able to lift more, they had been working at it for a few years but at the time, I didn't see it that way.

Fast forward six years now (so I don't make this post too terribly long, lol). I am now 170 lbs, fighting fire for a living, and now I'M one of those guys who can bench press almost 260 lbs (last time I got down on the bench I was pushing 235). Now, please don't get me wrong this isnt a "look at me" kind of rant, just trying to convey how far I've come mostly through my own research and trial and error the last few years. I have grown to love fitness, and everything about it. I watch what I eat (not as much as I should, but I do), and workout just about every day. I also am very much a believer in body weight workouts, I don't see much of a point in being able to lift heavy rocks up without being able to lift your own body. My ultimate goal is to one day compete on Ninja Warrior as well, so that may be part of the reason I am so dead-set on pull ups and push ups.

but anyway... if you managed to follow me through all that I am very much looking forward to being a part of this community and becoming a Rebel! Sorry if this was too long, but if you read it all you kind of get the jest of me. I am very glad to find some where that I can relate two of the biggest parts of my life together.

and /endpost.

-Chase

Be the hero!

lol, of course there is always room for improvement!

As far as current goals? I am just now trying to get a start in parkour. I took the time to message someone here in my area yesterday about starting some informal lessons on the basics and how to get started with it. So I suppose that is my new goal, seeing as how I just surpassed one I set for myself a long time ago.

My ultimate goal, like I said before though is competing in Ninja Warrior here in the next two years. I always told my younger brother that we would go tryout together when he turns 21 and we still have a couple of years to go. So for now, I'll focus on putting small steps at that, and parkour seems to be a good place to start seeing as how most contestants are parkour enthusiasts/pros.

-Chase

Be the hero!

lol, of course there is always room for improvement!

As far as current goals? I am just now trying to get a start in parkour. I took the time to message someone here in my area yesterday about starting some informal lessons on the basics and how to get started with it. So I suppose that is my new goal, seeing as how I just surpassed one I set for myself a long time ago.

My ultimate goal, like I said before though is competing in Ninja Warrior here in the next two years. I always told my younger brother that we would go tryout together when he turns 21 and we still have a couple of years to go. So for now, I'll focus on putting small steps at that, and parkour seems to be a good place to start seeing as how most contestants are parkour enthusiasts/pros.

If you are on Ninja Warrior I will totally watch that episode XD

I really want to try Parkour as well! We have a school in my area, maybe your city has the same?

Level 3 Time Lord AdventurerChallenge Thread

| | Cosplay Blog | |

I haven't found any schools, all I did was google parkour in my area looking for groups I may be able to join and found this guy who says he has been practicing for a few years now, is a gymnastics coach by day, and is willing to give free parkour lessons to anyone willing to try so I figured, why not?

Maybe you could do the same if your looking at it too, I think I found this guy on the first or second link in google so its not like I had to spend an hour searching or anything.

-Chase

Be the hero!

I haven't found any schools, all I did was google parkour in my area looking for groups I may be able to join and found this guy who says he has been practicing for a few years now, is a gymnastics coach by day, and is willing to give free parkour lessons to anyone willing to try so I figured, why not?

Maybe you could do the same if your looking at it too, I think I found this guy on the first or second link in google so its not like I had to spend an hour searching or anything.

Haha! Nothing better than free, I'm definitely going to search, thanks!

Level 3 Time Lord AdventurerChallenge Thread

| | Cosplay Blog | |

Ooooooh, I love American Ninja Warrior! It's kind of a date night with my boys, we watch it together and are amazed at what those guys can do. Totally awesome. Welcome and we look forward to hearing your progress!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Amazon Adventurer

My Intro |Current Challenge|Battle Log

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

Archived