Forums are back in action! ×

knock knock

Hello, world!

I don't remember how I came across this site, but after lurking around for some time, I decided to at least become a member and see where that leads me.

My name is John, and I'm turning 29 in about a month. Depending on the time and place, I'm either a software developer, a youth pastor, a student, or just a man spending time with his family and friends. I'm still in the process of finding a way to better manage my life. For that, I'm starting to fully realize that I do need to take care of myself first - physically, mentally, emotionally, psychologically, spirtually, etc. Part of me fears losing some things I may have grown attached to, as I begin to undertake this effort. But at the same time, I try to keep the bigger picture in mind.

And part of that is what brings me here.

I'm about 5'7, and have hovered around 140lbs. for the past few years now. I had a brief stint with track & field in high school. Aside from, I just played whatever sport was in the vicinity. For the most part, even throughout college, I was in decent shape.

These days, I've just been trying to get back to some semblance of being fit. Every morning I wake up, my body aches for no real reason. I find that I get tired very quickly throughout the day. And I swear that I literally feel myself getting weaker as time passes. I can't let this go on any further. No more failed attempts. No more talk. No more unnecessary pessimism and cynicism that leaks out and affects those around me.

I do not like what I've become, and I will no longer stand idly by.

This is not to say that nothing in my life is going well. I have been incredibly blessed to experience all that I have so far. I just realize that I have not been giving my own soul care the attention it needs to better love and serve the people around me.

So I come to take another step towards that. Because in the end, that's all I can do: keep taking another step.

Looking forward to seeing what comes of this, fitness and otherwise. In the meanwhile...

I'll be running as a Halfling Assassin, as I've been nicknamed "caveman" and "hobbit" in the past and I want to focus on bodyweight exercises (calisthenics, plyometrics, and the like). My starting stats will be:

STR: 2

DEX: 4

STA: 2

CON: 3

WIS: 4

CHA: 3

Thanks for reading!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halfling Assassin (Level 1)

|| STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2 ||

Archived