Forums are back in action! ×

Here I am. Finally.

Hi fellow nerds,

My name is Jessica, and I joined this forum because I read Staci's story about six months ago (yea, so I take a long time to make decisions) and finally found the nerve to look up this site. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am!

Until the last few years, fitness had never been much of an issue for me. My parents threw my brothers and I into sports before we could walk (we grew up in Phoenix, so we really were swimming before we were walking) and I continued the craziness well into high school when I began to swim competitively and when I launched into rock climbing during college. After college, however, something just...happened. It became easier and easier to choose to be sedentary after work, to eat that ice cream right before bed, to skip working out for one day...and the next...and the next. I'm still now sure exactly what transpired, why I made those unhealthy choices, but those decisions definitely landed me where I am today; a bit overweight, still slightly bewildered and suffering from some health issues.

So here I am...a little disappointed in myself, but hugely optimistic about the future after reading up on many of your stories on this website. I'm ready to get this ball rolling again, and am still trying to convince my husband to join Nerdfitness (he'll come around) ;-)

A little bit about me: I am 29 years old and am very happily married to the best guy I could ever ask for. I am currently addicted to anything directed or written by Joss Whedon, love to compose my own poetry and music, and am the proud owner of the world's most adorable pug.

Cheers,

Jess

Welcome to the forums! I recently got into rock climbing myself and have found that it's such a fantastic community and a great way to shed the pounds. Just keep looking forward and you'll just keep building momentum.

Can't wait to see you thrive! :saturn:

No matter how slow you're going, you're still lapping everyone on the couch.

Hobbit Adventurer
STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 4 CON - 5.25 WIS - 5 CHA - 6.5

I think I have come up with several attainable goals for the rest of this month (I know I am coming in a little late, but no worries.)

1) Cut out all soda with the exception of ONE rum and coke a week after work. (This goal will weirdly be the most difficult.)

2) Exercise, somehow and somewhere, 3 times a week. At this point, time, length and difficulty is undefined. I just want to get up and get into the habit of moving again.

3) Cut down dessert intake to once a week.

4) I have heard that this goal is important; Strive to sleep for at least 7 hours a night.

Any thoughts or feedback?

Archived