Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, everyone!

Hi, I'm new and ready to get started!

I'm a 35yo high school teacher in the southern US. I don't have to outrun my own fork, just the PTA teacher appreciation snacks! I've done weight watchers on and off (it's a real like-hate relationship for me: I believe in the logging and the reduction of nutritional analysis to the simpler to handle points, but I hate the meetings -I only do online ww- and loathe the presence of fake food in their system) and while I've gained back, I've never gained it all back. I throw that out there because my eating habits have been adjusted for 8 years now.

I came across the blog and much of it clicked for me. I've been doing the beginner's body weight workout for a couple of weeks now (3x/week) and love it. So I wanted to join the forum now that I'm sure I can keep up. :)

I'm an endomorph with large bone structure, for those that get that. In a nutshell, very sturdy hourglass body type. I'm 5'6" and 185#. I care less about what number I can drop and more about dropping clothing sizes and/or firming the body.

Using Spezzy's googledoc, I came up with this as beginning stats and the following potential goals as starters for the 6-week challenge.

Strength (STR) - 2 I'm pretty sturdy and can lift things my family can't, but I'm not doing much with it.

Dexterity (DEX) - 3 I do yoga and bellydancing, so I think I'm relatively dexterous.

Stamina (STA) - 2

Constitution (CON) - 3 I rarely get sick, but that may be the immunity to school germs!

Wisdom (WIS) - 3

Charisma (CHA) - 2

Goals:

Complete 100 pushups (modified; already a part of 200-pushup challenge) [+2str]

Do beginners' body weight workout 3x week [+2sta; +2str]

Lose four pounds [+2con; +1cha]

Pay off computer and new glasses I just had to order! [+3 wis]

I would love some feedback on what seems like it works and what could use some tweaking. I also am not sure whether to throw in with the Druids or the Adventurers! :) I do walking and pilates, but also yoga, and also belly dancing classes in between my 3x body weight workouts.

Foodwise, I lean vaguely towards the omnivore's dilemma kind of path. I do meatless a couple times a week, humanely sourced meat, local/regional veg. I have an intolerance of corn syrup, so I've been avoiding that since my teens. I make my own wheat bread, but I love carbs :love-struck: so I keep chips and crackers out of the house. (I don't not eat them, I just don't buy them for the house.)

I feel like I'm rambling now, so I'll stop, but I'm looking forward to doing a challenge.

Spider

Hedgewitch Druid, Level 3

STR 8 | DEX 7 | STA 5.5 | CON 4 | WIS 8 | CHA 6

Just Ended Challenge: Spider Goes Back to School

“Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.†― Will Rogers

Archived