Forums are back in action! ×

Hey there, I'm Altair

I can't believe I found a place where people are nerdy AND into fitness, just like me!

A little bit about me... I've always been pretty active, and am always up for new ways to challenge myself. I prefer working out or doing solo sports as opposed to organized sports. I started doing martial arts about 6 years ago, but for the past couple years I've gotten into running.

I've done a few half marathons but I'd love to do a full within the upcoming year... it's a lot of work though, and I'm kind of lazy. ;) I also think it'd be awesome to do a triathlon.

I am passionate about physical fitness, and I believe that anyone can and should exercise. So much focus in our society is put on how you're supposed to look, but what's important is maintaining a healthy lifestyle that incorporates life-long healthy eating and exercise. It's not about what you look like, how thin or ripped you are, but about taking care of your body.

One of my greatest joys comes from encouraging other people to become more active, usually by getting them into running. I think having a support network of people to work out with is a crucial point in maintaining motivation, plus group workouts are just fun.

Anyway... I think the OMFG sounds like an awesome idea and I want to join it, but I'm having trouble figuring out what class to be! Seeing as how my interests lie mainly in running, strength training, and martial arts, I'm thinking either a Scout, Ranger, or a Monk.

Welcome and are you of the Ibn-La'Ahad "family", as it were?

You certainly sound like a Scout already though a Monk/Assassin combo would be cool with a little bit of Ranger for strength. Or all of them.

I don't consider myself strictly bound by the single class idea, as I am building my own with a name to come later but Ranger is my base for all around flexibility in regards to strength and activity levels.

An ancient and honoured name, apparently.

Welcome! There's nothing saying you can't switch classes later or combine them. We say pick a "main" class because a runner has very different strength needs than a warrior, for instance, so it might help guide your workouts. But multiclass to your heart's content.

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Actually, Altair as in the star, the brightest one in the constellation Aquila (I'm an astronomy nerd).

And YES, Half-Life 2 is awesome! (I'm also a gamer chick). I've never played Assassin's Creed before though.

Cool about being able to combine classes. It makes me think of the class/skill systems in Morrowind/Oblivion/Fallout 3 for those who are familiar with those games.