Forums are back in action! ×

Bad food blowout!

Richo

I felt the need to put my thoughts into words, hopefully seeing the words might help me gain some perspective. I allowed myself to have a cheat meal and then the next day I felt guilty about it. As in the past, any negative feelings I would have always led me too comfort eating and this time was no different! It's now been four days of eating crap!! Constantly!! My stomach is bloated and my energy levels are low.

I need a good kick up the arse to get me back on track!!

It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.~ Muhammad Ali

Stop eating crap, dude. You know it makes you feel gross.

Seriously, though - it might help to stop assigning moral values to food and thinking in terms of cheat meals and allowing yourself. It just seems to set people up for things like this. Once you reframe donuts from "Donuts are so good! But I can't eat them because they are bad and wrong and I will be a bad person if I eat one!" to "Yeah, I love donuts, but they do not love me and if I eat this one I'm going to be sick afterward," it makes it a lot easier to avoid them.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 3 Elf Warrior

STR 9.5|DEX 6|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 8.5|CHA 2

Challenge thread

Twitter

"There is never an absolute answer to everything, except of course that you have to do your squats." - Mark Rippetoe

[/table]

Happens to the best of us, but getting past it should make you feel proud. Maybe you shouldn't have a full-on cheat day yet if you aren't ready. Set up some easy to access healthier snacks like veggies and dip or some almonds to mindlessly munch while watching TV. Get through it, be proud of it. Mental baby steps are just as important as physical ones. CRUSH IT REBEL!

Hey Richo. I feel ya man. I just started my life style change. I noticed right before I started this, when I got a little stressed I went straight for some chips or worse, Ice Cream. Then after eating I felt like a giant crap bar as well. I hope it works out for ya bro. I can't say I know how you feel, but I know what you mean.

Eurydice has good advice. You are not a bad person because you ate unhealthy food, so stop guilt tripping yourself! Getting healthy is a journey, and sometimes there are delays along the way. That doesn't mean that you failed

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

+1 to the part about removing moral value. So important.

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

I liken crap food to smoking—it may be appealing in the moment, but you know damn well that the long-term consequences (or even the immediate post-consumption ones) far outweigh any benefits. Once you've been eating healthy for long enough, even the "good" foods no longer have any appeal—until then, it's just about telling yourself it isn't worth it.

Still, you'll slip occasionally. Everybody does. The first thing is to just stop eating the junk (duh). Don't under-eat to try and make up for anything—you'll recover much faster working out at 100%. Make sure to hydrate, and make some ginger or peppermint tea to get your digestion going again. Greek yogurt, sauerkraut, or any other fermented food will put your gut bacteria back in order.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Archived