Forums are back in action! ×

Paleo Progress

Waltron

I recently started Paleo, and it's crazy how fast my body has rewarded me. I have more energy and more willpower than I ever have! I turned down a bag of my FAVORITE chips just last night, and to be honest it wasn't that hard. If you saw Steve's post about becoming a robot, I definitely have taken tips from it and implemented them. If anyone is having doubts about being able to start a diet such as Paleo, consider reading that post!

Sorry for the relatively boring post, it sounded like a good idea in my head...:dejection:

Woot woot! I know exactly what you're talking about! My office has an almost constant supply of Panera bagels and pastries in the kitchen and after a month of Paleo eating I finally can walk in there to get my lunch and not feel tempted to eat just one (or two, or five) of them.

Congrats on making it through the cravings! :saturn:

No matter how slow you're going, you're still lapping everyone on the couch.

Hobbit Adventurer
STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 4 CON - 5.25 WIS - 5 CHA - 6.5

I recently started Paleo, and it's crazy how fast my body has rewarded me. I have more energy and more willpower than I ever have! I turned down a bag of my FAVORITE chips just last night, and to be honest it wasn't that hard. If you saw Steve's post about becoming a robot, I definitely have taken tips from it and implemented them. If anyone is having doubts about being able to start a diet such as Paleo, consider reading that post!

Sorry for the relatively boring post, it sounded like a good idea in my head...:dejection:

I'm glad I'm not the only one - I just recently started as well (3 weeks ago) and I'm down 5.5 lbs, my clothes are fitting me better, I've had ZERO stomach issues, and I feel great. I was staying with friends this weekend that had every kind of food I used to eat, and I was proud of myself for not eating any of it.

I also had a dream that I ate a slice of pizza, it was amazing, but then I got really sick and felt like general crap afterwards. I think that's a milestone right there!

Congrats on doing well, and I second your emotion - I was skeptical at first, but its SO MUCH HARDER if you're cutting things that you love for no reason other than some diet plan says I can't eat it. Realizing that if I eat some of things I'll feel like crap afterwards has worked FAR better at stopping my cravings!!

Congrats! Yes, I think Steve is absolultely right about the robot theory. Once I start eating the chips, its all downhill. Much easier to say IF somthing is not food then I do not eat.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I'm glad I'm not the only one - I just recently started as well (3 weeks ago) and I'm down 5.5 lbs, my clothes are fitting me better, I've had ZERO stomach issues, and I feel great. I was staying with friends this weekend that had every kind of food I used to eat, and I was proud of myself for not eating any of it.

I also had a dream that I ate a slice of pizza, it was amazing, but then I got really sick and felt like general crap afterwards. I think that's a milestone right there!

Congrats on doing well, and I second your emotion - I was skeptical at first, but its SO MUCH HARDER if you're cutting things that you love for no reason other than some diet plan says I can't eat it. Realizing that if I eat some of things I'll feel like crap afterwards has worked FAR better at stopping my cravings!!

That's impressive! Surrounded by friends with the food you used to eat, and still said no!

Worth a mention:

About a week before going full-Paleo, I was experimenting a bit with my food intake. I had 2 Paleo days then wanted to see what a glass of milk would do to me, and sure enough I ended up with a decent stomach ache less than 15 minutes later! I was happy in a strange way. I think my body and mind collaborated to make me unable to eat/drink the things I was used to having.

That's impressive! Surrounded by friends with the food you used to eat, and still said no!

Worth a mention:

About a week before going full-Paleo, I was experimenting a bit with my food intake. I had 2 Paleo days then wanted to see what a glass of milk would do to me, and sure enough I ended up with a decent stomach ache less than 15 minutes later! I was happy in a strange way. I think my body and mind collaborated to make me unable to eat/drink the things I was used to having.

EXACTLY. About 4 days in the boyfriend wanted to order pizza. I ate one of his cheesy breadsticks, and not long after I regretted it. Knowing that I will feel bad after is all the motivation I need to not eat it.

Archived