Forums are back in action! ×

Which is worse: impulsiveness or misery?

Unda

I HAVE A NEW JOB!!!!!!

Heh, with that over with I'm so happy! Now I just have a little less than a month's notice to serve out, two weeks of which the awful evil woman is on holiday!!! Oh man, my new job is doing more of what I love, is closer to home, pays more and has the word "executive" in the title! eeeee! It's been days since I got the offer and I'm still walking around grinning from ear to ear whenever I think about it. And me and the girls that I made friends with at work have agreed to keep up our monthly meal and sleep over tradition after I leave, and we're still gonna email and call all the time.

Life is good again.

They/them please

Congratulation. Good to see that worked out for you. I would have handled it much differently.

Seems like Eurydice and I are very similar. I don't put up with that "he/she is just like that" bs at work. I also swear like a sailor but as a supervisor, I have to act much differently at work and I have to take employee complaints about harassment and bullying very seriously.

Don't forget to flip that b1tches desk over on your way out the last day because I know I would.

I hadn't seen this thread before and hadn't noticed the date on the original posting. I was just reading the good advice everyone else had given and was mentally composing something about the possibility of sick leave because of stress. And then I get to the end, and it's a story with a happy ending. Superb - I don't have to compose that message. Congratulations - put a smile on my face!

Level 4 Human Adventurer / Level 4 Scout, couch to 5k graduate, six time marathon finisher.

Spoiler

Current 5k Personal Best: 22:00 / 21:23 / 21:13 / 21:09 / 20:55 / 20:25 (4th July 17)

Current 5 mile PB: 36:41 35:27 34:52 (10th May 17)

Current 10k PB: 44:58 44:27 44:07 44:06 43:50 (29th June 17)

Current Half Marathon PB: 1:41:54 1:38:24 1:37:47 1:37:41 (14th June 15)

Current Marathon PB: 3:39:34 3:29:49 (10th April 16)

I've been away dealing with a dissertation and life issues. Nice to see it all worked out for the best :)

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Well, that is awesome. I'm so glad you got another job. Well done, and congratulations at getting out of that cesspit while you still have your sanity.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 3 Elf Warrior

STR 9.5|DEX 6|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 8.5|CHA 2

Challenge thread

Twitter

"There is never an absolute answer to everything, except of course that you have to do your squats." - Mark Rippetoe

[/table]

Yay!!! CONGRATS! That's so awesome <3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

Well, that is awesome. I'm so glad you got another job. Well done, and congratulations at getting out of that cesspit while you still have your sanity.

More or less as much sanity as i went in there with anyway! :P

Thanks guys for being so supportive, it really meant an awful lot to me while I was in that really dark place there. And whilst work last week with her wasn't super duper fabulous it was nice to be able to close my eyes and mentally chant that I was almost out of there.

They/them please

Archived