Forums are back in action! ×

The 40K Thread!

KungFuTuba

Where are all my fellow Games Workshop addicts at? Let's talk 40K! What do you play? Share that army you're proud of! Talk tactics/lore/favorite Black Library recommendations! I've been a Tau player almost exclusively since Day 1 of their release, some nine years ago now (man I'm getting old). I also maintain indefinite stewardship of my brother's Tyranids, although I haven't played but a couple games since 3rd Edition. Let me live vicariously though you. Or even better: let's hook up for a game or two if you're in the Virginia Beach area!

HUMAN SPIRIT SOLDIER

Ranger/Druid

STR 4 STA 2 DEX 3 CON 3 WIS 3 CHA 2

"We must all suffer one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret." -Jim Rohn

"The first virtue of a soldier is endurance of fatigue.  Courage is only the second virtue"  -Napoleon Bonaparte

"Grant yourself a moments peace, and you will realize how foolishly you scurry about. Be silent, and see that you talk too much. Be kind, and see that you judge too harshly. Hasten slowly, and you will soon arrive." - Chinese Proverb

I play the RPGs mostly but pull from the battle books for inspiration and to totally screw with my GMs when I pull out some random fluff that lets me get away with something epic. Personally, if I ever find the extra funds for it, I would create a Sisters of Battle army.

Try everything once. If it kills you don't do it again.Paleo- So Easy A Caveman Can Do It

To answer your question, I've been a Space Wolves fan for years, since I was 15, so almost 15 years. Haven't played since 3rd Edition Either, just haven't liked how GW's business has been. I've always liked the back story behind the Space Wolves compared to some of the others. I also briefly started collecting some Tau miniatures to start a Tau army back when they were released but stopped. Also started a Wood Elves Warhammer Fantasy army but never got to far with that either.

And yes Sue, thanks for reminding me about the fluff pieces. I believe you did the same in Sean's Dark Heresy Campaign as well. Still wish I had let you blow up some town or enemy encampment with your Super Ritual of Magical Destruction.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2|DEX: 2|STA: 2|CON: 3|WIS: 4|CHA: 2|

It's a TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once upon a time i was a Chaos Lord... we who praised Horus. I have since relinquished control of my army to a younger more eager nephew.

Haha, those were good times.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

used to run a space wolves army, but just couldn't afford to keep it up :/ do miss the old tabletops, and ill always regret never starting a necromunda gang.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

Archived