Forums are back in action! ×

Project lose weight and become awesome!

Hi all,

My name is Chris, 32 yo and I live in Devon, England. Discovered this site on a quick Google search for Paleo recipies. I've read a few articles now, and I really like the way they are written. Really personal, informal style and just really put things in a way that I can relate to.

Anyhow, I'm kind of part way through a grand plan. In March this year, i was 229 lbs, 29% BF (height is 6ft0), the heaviest and fattest I've ever been after a few years of over indulging in craft beer, cheese and all that wonderfully tasty stuff. Felt tired a lot, couldn't be arsed to do much exercise apart from hill walking and was generally at a low ebb. I signed up to my local gym where my girlfriend's brother works as a PT (so I get PT for free basically!), so started strength training, varied cardio and decided to clean up my diet, including a healthy calorie deficit.

5 months later, and I'm just under 20% BF and have lost 29 lbs. My goal is to get down below 15% and see where to go from there, but mainly I just want to become as fit as I possibly can. My attitude is much more positive and spontaneous these days....One of my long term goals was to take up kayaking again, as I used to do it quite a bit when I was a nipper. This week, I've signed up to my local Canoe and Kayay club and my first session in 16 years will be next Weds.

I've not tried Paleo yet, and for me, this is the next step towards a fitter, healthier body. Starting tonight! I'd say I eat pretty healthily already, but I do still eat a little too much wholemeal bread, pasta, dairy (skimmed milk and cottage cheese) and beans.

Archived