Forums are back in action! ×

Spaghetti Squash Noodle Question

amudd

I have found that I totally love the spaghetti squash noodles however, my ever loving and totally supportive boyfriend misses real noodles and sauce. So in an effort to keep both of us satisfied I am wondering will spaghetti squash noodles soak up a sauce like ordinary noodles? Like a spaghetti sauce?

I have started making these super-regularly.

I make them with a home-made vegetable/meat sauce and they are FANTASTIC (if I may say so myself). If you undercook the squash slightly, it'll have an al dente kind of 'crunch' to it, and it works really well. You could totally make a bolognese sauce to go with them!

(he only misses real noodles because he knows these aren't real noodles)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

I'm a huge pasta fan, and love spaghetti squash, but knowing it isn't noodles, still takes away from it for me. I cook it a little longer, since I don't like the al dente "crunch", as the spag squash is crunchy naturally. I resort to gluten-free noodles if I don't use the squash.

But "hiding" it with ground beef or turkey, sauteed onions and garlic in low sodium tomato sauce seasoned in herbs and red pepper is usually how I make it and it's pretty yum.

just keep on trucking...

Archived