Forums are back in action! ×

egg yolks worse than smoking.

spatzcat

Conflict of Interest: “Dr Spence and Dr Davignon have received honoraria and speaker’s fees from several pharmaceutical companies manufacturing lipid-lowering drugs, and Dr Davignon has received support from Pfizer Canada for an annual atherosclerosis symposium; his research has been funded in part by Pfizer Canada, AstraZeneca Canada Inc and Merck Frosst Canada Ltd.“

So multiple drug companies are funding a study that is telling older people (median age of 62) that have a history of heart disease, that very well are already on or could be on their drug, to not eat a perfectly healthly food that could possibly reverse their condition.

Of course this "study" is only a means for the media to present its information in typical scare tactic fashion.

EDIT: As you can tell from my name...I LOVE EGGS. Especially the yolks.

I feel such glee reading this article tonight....as I sit here enjoying my dinner: a monster omelet stuffed with shrooms and veggies, with a side of sausage and a glass of whole milk. :D In grad school my focus was research, and it always ALWAYS raises my hackles to see biased or poorly designed studies getting lauded as containing new, valid, IMPORTANT information. Yes, I eat a lot of eggs, so I'm naturally biased myself against studies saying eggs are evil....but if someone can show me a legitimate, well-designed study that is aware of its biases and works to counteract them to ensure a sound analysis of the effects of egg consumption on human physiology, then yeah, I'm ready to hear those results. So far, hasn't happened... She types as she eats another enormous forkful of eggy goodness. ;)

Archived