Forums are back in action! ×

Wow, looking through just the first page of the Recruitment Hall, it seems like there are a lot of people getting back on the Nerd Fitness express.

I joined Nerd Fitness back in October after trolling for quite some time (which I have still been doing since, haha), and quickly dropped off the map. Now, ten months later, after graduating from college, several new jobs, several breakups and a cross country move from Vermont to San Diego, I've realized that whatever excuses I had before for not getting in shape were petty and trivial. Maybe it's this new exposure to constant sunshine, but I feel re-inspired to take control of my life.

When I originally joined, my goal was to improve my strength primarily through bodyweight workouts. At this point, that fundamental goal and approach hasn't changed, but I've managed to do some refining. I've been reading more and more about bodyweight and gymnastics training in the past few weeks, mostly through Al Kavadlo's website, Steven Low's eatmoveimprove.com (my copy of Overcoming Gravity should be arriving tomorrow:D), and the Convict Conditioning books. Before, getting stronger was my only goal, and a vague one at best. I've been trying to create more specific ones that can guide my training.

Short term (All of these are relatively speaking, I know some will take a good deal longer than othrs):

- Perform 5 consecutive pull ups (Still seeking that elusive #1)

- Perform a 10s L-sit

- Perform a full bridge

- Perform a 30s crow stand (working towards handstands)

- Perform a pistol squat with each leg

- Perform a one-arm push up with each arm

Long term:

- Handstand push up (freestanding)

- Front and back lever

- Planche

- Human Flag

- Manna (The last two are probably waaaaay out there, but hey, why not shoot big?)

Those will continue to be refined as I experiment, research, and learn from all of you :D

"Before I do anything I ask myself 'Would an idiot do that?' And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Kurt Schrute

Level 2 Cossack Assassin

STR: 2.5 DEX: 2.5 STA:CON:WIS:CHA: 5

Welcome back!~ I'm not sure how much you'll learn from me since pff, I'm a newbie xD Butttt I'll probably learn a lot from you! Looking forward to it x3.

Phantom Adventurer/Monk-in-Training

STR: 2 || DEX: 2 || STA: 1 || CON: 3 || WIS: 4 || CHA: 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no crying in alien warfare.

Archived