Forums are back in action! ×

Hello... Is this thing on?

So yeah.

New recruit, reporting in. From Croatia. Word of the Rebellion spreads internationally, apparently.

A bit about myself. Got a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, and by the end of this year it will hopefully be a Master's. Hoping to work in HR or any kind of organizational psychology setup. I play guitar, both normal and bass. Also some harmonica. I write short stories of all genres and I'm also trying to write my own music. Currently band-less, although I've played in a few bands so far (some blues, some indie).

I love pen and paper RPGs, and mostly play something from the holy trinity of D20, GURPS and WoD (commercial sellout, I know :D). Also, midnight sessions of Counterstrike or AOE 2 are not foreign to me.

Goals?

Pretty vague, I'm afraid. Getting in shape isn't precise enough, I know.

I've tried taking up a lot of things, yoga, cycling, swimming, just regular exercise at home without any weights.

So far, running has been something that worked for me - being both fun and healthy, but I've stopped running this fall because it was too cold.

Short term goal - running 10 km would be nice. Long term - marathon, why not? (Shoot high. You may miss your target, but at least you won't shoot yourself in the foot. - translating Lois McMaster Bujold and her Vorkosigan Saga)

I lack in upper body strength and stamina, and that's pretty much the things I need to work on. Problems of methods and motivation?

Well, that's why I'm here. Looking forward to meeting you guys and gals.

Row row, fight the power!

Picked his face up from the ancient gallery and into the sunset he rode, forever free.

Welcome to the Rebellion, Kierlan, from another musician! There is a PVP challenge out there in the challenge forum to record and post something. Not sure if you have gotten that far as to have seen that.

Ignore, found it. ###(Nope. Also, I'm having problems locating it, since I still haven't quite got the hang of the place yet... Mind linking it for me? :) )

I'm noticing a distinct lack of the Bard class, but since this is a fitness forum, maybe it's understandable. :D

Picked his face up from the ancient gallery and into the sunset he rode, forever free.

Welcome! Yeah, it's hard trying to figure out a workout program for "bards", so we just made "musicianship" a general Skill that anyone can do in addition to their primary class.

There are plenty of BW exercises routines on NF for general conditioning, and they're fast to do. Running is a fantastic skill to work on, but strong muscles make for better runners. : )

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins