Forums are back in action! ×

I was fooled!!!

Relic

I thought that Bane (from the new Batman movie) had real powerlifting muscles. I found out last night that he put on most of the bulk in 4 months. Sigh. I'm sure that he got a lot stronger in those 4 months as well, but it was apparently a lot of movie muscle and not all strength muscle. I am still glad that he looked like a powerlifter vs a bodybuilder (Thor).

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

yeh he definitely didn't stay natural for that role, but then again i wouldn't count on much of it being pure muscle either. dude got pretty epic fat. if you havent seen it, check out his body in the warrior, much better aesthetics, all natural, and beast mode. also, i thought thor looked freaking huge...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

I had a nightmare about Bane the other night. Whether his muscles have real strength or not - that character freaked me right out!

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Bummer! I was watching the movie thinking that it was cool that the big villain from a huge blockbuster had a powerlifter backing.

That's exactly what I thought! Oh well, the character was a BEAST either way.

@azsf : I thought Thor was big too, but there was a big difference in bodytypes...

Not to overanalyze or anything, but ...

Thor had certain muscles big (pects, biceps, triceps, traps, quads...) and had definded abbs with a skinny waist. This tells me that he was probably using a bodybuilding style of training with a focus on isolation movements.

While Bane was big all over. He had the stomach of a strongman or powerlifter, not the 'pritty' abbs that you see on fitness magazines and his forearms looked like they could actually snap someones neck.

These are all pointless observations anyway, because Hollywood can do wonders to make someone look better, Hardy(Bane) put on a bunch of fat with all the muscle but somehow it didn't translate to the screen...

long story short I'm glad that there was a big muscled up guy that looked like he could deadlift 700lb instead of the usual pritty muscle.

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

This tells me that he was probably using a bodybuilding style of training with a focus on isolation movements.

While Bane was big all over. He had the stomach of a strongman or powerlifter, not the 'pritty' abbs that you see on fitness magazines and his forearms looked like they could actually snap someones neck.

must not start argument over who could beat who in a fight. must not start argument over who could be who in a fight. must not start argument over who could beat who in a fight... :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

Archived