Forums are back in action! ×

Red Leader to Rebel Command

Greetings!

First off I'd like to thank the writers of Gizmodo for inadvertently leading me here after posting Steve's article about the booking of his upcoming Epic Quest of Awesome. I've been reading his blog for a few weeks now, catching up on all the great, great articles he's written. So many of his words ring true to me.

So to get to the reason I've decided to join, I've always been a very active person. Working out, staying in shape has never been a problem for me as I've always been on a team or with a group of people with similar goals. Most recently a Japanese Taiko group called Ronin Taiko. If anyone knows what this is, please check out a video or two on youtube. Anyway, one of our drummers got the opportunity of a lifetime last year to move to Japan to train and become part of the group that we would visit Japan to learn from. Needless to say, he took it and left our group. Without him it was near impossible to keep the group going in the same manner as it was. So we disbanded.

Flash Forward a year and a couple of months and here I sit. Out of shape, unmotivated, feeling very sickly and unhealthy. Now I am not going to blame this on not having a group to encourage me to keep exercising. It is my own fault and I know it.

My current level of physical activity really lies in Roller Derby. Being a guy, all I can do is be a referee, but I love it. I'm just craving more for myself. Much more

So It's time for a change.

And I have never felt more ready and excited to start a new routine in my entire life. I can't wait to participate in a 28 Day Challenge. To participate in OMFG and become one of the best Assassins in the game. And to finally learn Parkour. I feel better already just joining these message boards!

So bring it on Rebellion and lets all make each other incredibly proud of what we can accomplish together!

P.S. This is also my first message board....ever. So maybe some hints or tips or tricks or whatever? Thanks Guys!!

- ben

the world is too incredible to bring such ugliness into it

Welcome! Okay, dude, I owe you a huge thank you. I have loved "you know, that japanese drumming style with the big drums and the yelling?" for years, and never did learn the name of it. Taiko. Got it. Do you have any recordings of your Taiko group? I'm sure we'd love to see it. There's a big musician community here, so wander on down to http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?1431-Nerd-Fitness-Musicians-Unite and say hi!

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

wow. checked out some vids on youtube. impressive, man!

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

@Alethea

Haha. you're welcome! I'll post a link to our youtube videos here and then in the other forum. no recordings except for those. if you have any questions please don't hesitate!

And I'm glad there are a lot of musicians here. add me to the list!

@nightlight.

Thanks a lot!!

There was that co-ed joke of a sport that aired on TV for awhile back in, oh, the late 90's early 2000's? It was like a blend of professional wrestling and roller derby, but I can't remember what they called the league.

Anyway, welcome to NerdFitness. Go forth, and Be Awesome!

haha. yeah, most people say that doesnt even count. they tried to do something like that back in the seventies, too. didnt work either.

What up. Parkour looks sweet, I've always wanted to try it but have no clue where to start. Maybe you can lead the way haha.

I'm still trying to figure out where to start, also. doing as much research as i can and then i'll start a gameplan for training. it all starts on monday! i'll pass on some links of training schedules and stuff if i can find any. I think there is a really good post on the nerd fitness blog about Parkour as well. let's do it together! it'll help keep us both on track.

-ben

I'm still trying to figure out where to start, also. doing as much research as i can and then i'll start a gameplan for training. it all starts on monday! i'll pass on some links of training schedules and stuff if i can find any. I think there is a really good post on the nerd fitness blog about Parkour as well. let's do it together! it'll help keep us both on track.

Add me to that too :P Parkour rocks and I'm very interested in starting it. I found a very good parkour article posted by a guest writer here on the Nerd Fitness blog: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/08/12/the-definitive-guide-to-parkour-for-beginners/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Valthir

Level 1 Tiefling Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 4 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Twitter| Email

hey guys. check this link out.

http://www.americanparkour.com/content/category/5/25/223/50/0/

There are 77 different excersizes to develop Parkour skills. Every one has a step by step instruction on how to do them correctly. some even have videos. it looks ike a great place to start for us newbies to the Parkour world.

Thanks for posting that link Valthir. thats the post i was reffering to earlier.

-ben

We're really planning to have Assassin skills up this week or next. Our Head Assassin was hospitalized, so things were a bit delayed. That said, great website finds, and keep 'em coming! You guys can post in the Assassin Chat thread.

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins