Forums are back in action! ×

Hello,

I was a member here about 6 months ago, since then I have moved across the country from NY to Albuquerque. I didn't exactly fall off the wagon but with the move being so hectic, I did take some easier routes as far as food choices and have been unable to get into a very good routine.

I have been pretty inactive for quite a few years now, but since I quit smoking about 2 years ago I also started to put on a lot of weight. I am hoping to change both those things!

I am into all things considered "geek" and look forward changing some of my bad habits with some people I have things in common with.

Lori

Hallo Lori! What sort of fitness are you thinking of getting into? See a Class you like?

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Thanks for the welcome :)

Alethea,

Right now I am concentrating on changing my eating habits and adjusting to the altitude, even walking through the grocery store is really hard work. I am told it usually takes around a month to adjust.

I am not exactly sure what I would like to get involved with yet. There are a lot of gyms in my area so maybe there are some good options for classes. I would like to do something involving my dogs and I also have a bike collecting dust in my garage. Probably will start slow with walking my dogs and figure out a plan from there.

Lori