Forums are back in action! ×

Former Empire Scum Defects, News at 2300

Long story short:

1) Physicist

2) Travel a lot (as in 38 out of 52 weeks last year travel a lot)

3) Not getting any younger

4) Not getting any thinner/bigger

5) Likes lists

6) Getting married in October

7) Don't work out like I used to/should

8) Looking for rebel help to make sure I work out

9) Yes, Physicist. Uber-Geek.

10) I also fix cars. I can fix your car. I can fix darn near anything. It's what I do.

11) Except my fitness routine.

12) Help, I've gone into a running list!

13) And I can't get out!

14) EOL, man

So, a little more information about myself and my situation. I used to a regular gym goer for the free weights. Then last year we had a layoff at the company, and I picked up about 100% extra work. Now I get up, work on paperwork, quotes, etc., go to all day customer visits, integrations, tests, etc., then I eat dinner because I've probably managed to skip lunch again, and work on more paperwork until I can't see straight. Then I sleep. Rinse, repeat. It sucks. Trying to change that situation a bit.

But, despite all of that, I'm also the very definition of the modern major hard gainer. I'm currently 6'4", ~180 lbs. when I was working out every day in college, the heaviest I got was 185. I know I have a bit less muscle and a bit more fat now than I did then, though, so I'd like to change that. I'm still a skinny skyscraper, but maybe a more chiseled out of granite skyscraper lies beneath the termite cloth over the top. That's what I'm looking for.

So, here's to:

1) running a 10K for the first time since college

2) making sure that closet full of medium, slim fit shirts fits a little less well around my chest

3) finally getting that kayak I've been wanting for years

4) learning to play that wicked axe in the corner

5) not letting work dominate my life so much

Hats off to the bull!

Ah, and before anyone asks, 8PieceBand refers to my car, Sheila. She has a V8, and makes such sweet music for me...

Archived