Forums are back in action! ×

Spicy Weight Loss v2.0

Basically I've been the fat kid all my life. I stopped playing sports sometime around 7th grade and spent all my time on the computer, I've steadily been gaining fat ever since. A year ago I was looking at pictures of me and I was disgusted by how round my face was. My weight, coupled with my low-income job and need to provide for my family made me decide I wanted to join the Marines. I started working out. I was running every day, doing pushups and lifting dumbbells. I even bought the Insanity program and did it for a week until I got hurt. I dropped 30 lbs and got down to 203. So I talked to a recruiter and found out that I couldn't join since I have a tattoo on my forearm and I'm not married and I have a daughter. I was crushed and just stopped working out. I looked in the mirror a few days ago and realized that I was slowly losing all of the definition I had gained working out.

I started kicking around the internet, as I am wont to do, and found this place. I've read a few articles and they've appealed to the huge nerd in me so here I am. Here for inspiration and hopefully to one day inspire.

Goals

1. Long Term: 12% body fat by Dec 31st, 2013
  2. Mid Term: 22% body fat by Feb 6, 2013 (23rd birthday) - Current: 26%
  3. Short Term diet: 64oz of water a day for the first week of January.
  4. Short Term exercise: Increase reps on The Big Four.

Level 1 Dwarf Warrior STR: 4 DEX: 1 STA: 2 CON: 3 WIS: 4 CHA: 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] "A banana before, and a protein shake after are two of the three finest things in life."

hey i dont know about some of the other branches with the drawdown but my buddy(a fellow marine) is going to try to go special forces in the army and he was talking about how they're more lineant on tattoos( i dont know about the children/not married generally speaking its if you have a depandant child or spouse). dont know if you if specfically just wanted to join the marines or the military in general but just a thought. i also have a friend from back home in utah whose a combat medic in the national guard (whom i could ask questions from someone whose in who is NOT a recruiter) just let me know! other than that good luck!

LVL-1 adventurer

aspiring to be a warrior/monk/assassin

Str: 3 | Dex: 3 | Sta: 2 | Con:2 | Wis:1 | Cha: 4

"Courage takes many forms. There is physical courage, there is moral courage. Then there is a still higher type of courage--the courage to brave pain, to live with it, to never let others know of it and to still find joy in life; to wake up in the morning with an enthusiasm for the day ahead.â€

Whitewizard-

I've thought about doing that several times. He did say physical fitness was a huge green weight.

Lizzie-

It was pretty much always just the Marines. I've always wanted to be "the best" at whatever I do and I have a ton of respect for those guys. After he told me about the single parent thing I looked around and no branch allows someone to be an unmarried parent. But I've gotten over it and I've decided to make my life doing something where I won't have to worry about coming back home to my daughter in a box. =)

Thanks everyone for the encouragement.

I'm starting to think the hardest part for me is going to be all of the time in between working out when I need to rest. Lifting is addicting.

Goals

1. Long Term: 12% body fat by Dec 31st, 2013
  2. Mid Term: 22% body fat by Feb 6, 2013 (23rd birthday) - Current: 26%
  3. Short Term diet: 64oz of water a day for the first week of January.
  4. Short Term exercise: Increase reps on The Big Four.

Level 1 Dwarf Warrior STR: 4 DEX: 1 STA: 2 CON: 3 WIS: 4 CHA: 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] "A banana before, and a protein shake after are two of the three finest things in life."

I totally agree with the addictive nature of working out! I work out until I can't do any more, and then later that day I want more! And since I'm only working every other day, I crave workouts on my days off. It's pretty amazing how you can start craving something you had always dreaded/hated.

Welcome aboard!

Archived