Forums are back in action! ×

I love Steve's attitude. Too bad the alpaca didn't take him up on the offer of the water.

I suspect I may be a bit "more mature" than many here (I'm 51). I was born and raised on a large farm in Ohio and thanks to that, I have pretty big shoulders. Played football in HS, then got a wife, a family and a degree (not all in that order). We have 5 kids, ages 29-22. I've been doing tech work of one sort or another, usually concentrated around some flavor of Unix (currently Red Hat Linux) since about 1985.

I've been working out at various gyms for the last decade (currently a YMCA). I've tried trainers a few times, but the only one who really worked for me was the "uncertified" one. Just handed me weights and pointed at the bench.

Currently I can bench around 295, squat 225 and run 2 miles in about 20 minutes. I've run a number of 5K's, but haven't officially broken 30 minutes yet. Right now I'm working on rehabbing my shoulder, which I strained/overworked last month. I'm about 30# heavier than I want to be. I'll lock in some public goals by the weekend, but I know they will include, increasing bench and squat; being able to do a lot more pullups (curls are one of my weaknesses); running farther, faster; losing weight.

Looking forward to being part of a community.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

I use Ubuntu at home and Fedora at work. I only use windows for games, and that's because it's hard to keep my WoW addons up-to-date on Ubuntu at the moment with Cataclysm updates coming thick and fast. ... I may be a nerd.

Half Dragon, Half Elf, Level 0.5 Assassin - I flame people when cranky, but I'm seriously kickass.STR 4 | DEX 2.5 | STA 3.25 | CON 5 | WIS 8.75 | CHA 4 | Challenges: 1  2 3 4 5 | myFitnessPal | Spreadsheet | fitbitChallenge 6, Back to the assassin's rootsBlog: float knowledge return wisdom;

Photography

I'm in Katy, TX, just west of Houston on I10. The company I work for has a hurricane hidee hole near the airport in Austin. We use Red Hat, Solaris and Windows at work. I use CentOS on my personal computers.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker